CCX

"Lucy!" Sinbad yelled, holding her in his arms as he caught her.

The entire banquet hall was now in an uproar as Scheherazade and Muu quickly hurried over as well, putting a stop to the banquet.

Lucy remained unconscious and Sinbad's lips trembled. His body ran cold as he saw the lifeless form of Lucy before him and he was once again reminded of the time when she gave birth. Guilt weighed down heavily on his heart as he could only blame himself for her current circumstance. Since giving birth, though she maintained the same power as before, her body had grown considerably frail perhaps as a result of having her magoi consumed to sustain the lives inside of her. Though she was quickly recovering and was close to making a complete recovery, she once again fell ill. The fruit of love that the two bore were children of the two most powerful beings, making them special existences since before birth. They, too, would possess powerful magic and a great amount of magoi for Sikandar was evidence of this. To him, his children were merely pawns and they were pawns he would be more than glad to use if it meant that he could be one step closer to his goal. But, if it meant that he had to sacrifice Lucy for it, then there was no meaning in it anymore.

It's my fault, he clutched her tightly and tenderly in his arms. I should've never agreed. This was the one thing I shouldn't have given her. I should've convinced her that just Sikandar was enough.

Kouen watched with wide, fearful eyes for it was the first time that he had seen her so pale to the point where she fainted. He looked at Sinbad and then towards the retainers and seeing their expression he could only feel dread. This had happened once before. If not multiple times. They had all experienced this but him. Even Koumei seemed to understand what was happening and he wondered what it was that he had been doing.

"Lucy," his voice trembled.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Sinbad yelled, holding Lucy close. "With those very hands that had hurt her, don't you dare touch her!"

His emotions were raging and no one dared to get close to him for just the very aura that he emitted was enough to suffocate them. Not to mention the excessive amount of magoi that he had released. His emotions overwhelmed him and he no longer was in control of himself. His mind only focused on Lucy as he instinctively protected her. Like a beast who was desperate to protect its mate, he bared his fangs at anyone who dared to approach.

"Sin..." Ja'far gritted his teeth as he was forced back from the backlash.

Even the retainers could barely make their way towards him for as soon as they got close, a gust of powerful wind swept them back. They stood in place and pulled their lips into a tight line, a bead of sweat rolling down their face as they wondered what they should do. Masrur needed to protect Masud so he couldn't do anything even if he wished to and he clenched his teeth, knowing that to Lucy, Masud was to be his first priority. Right now, as much as he hated to admit it, she was safe in Sinbad's arms. He may have lost control of his emotions but, he would never do something to hurt Lucy even when mad.

But, in the midst of his madness, one person approached and there was only one person who could withstand the aura and madness of a King's Vessel. He placed a gloved hand on his shoulder and Sinbad turned his head, glaring at him with those glowing amber eyes.

"Calm your emotions, Sinbad."

He stared at him and Kaede's grip on him tightened. "She just overexerted herself."

Sinbad clutched Lucy even tighter.

"Calm yourself," Kaede said, his violet-blue eyes glowing a golden hue. "Rather than losing yourself, it's better to take Lucy back to rest. Or," he narrowed his eyes, "do you intend to cause a ruckus here and let Lucy lose face?"