Chapter 54 - Meet Jada Williams

- Chapter 54 - Finally the Other Person -
Warnings: none really? Mentions of Juliet, but nothing bad happens
Third Person POV

"Can Jada Williams report to room 907?"

Jada looked up at the announcement. Her eyebrows furrowed. Me? Why?

Jada's Advisory teacher looked over at her from where she was sat at her desk. "Jada," she started.

Jada nodded. She got up. "Should I take my stuff?" she asked.

Her teacher shook her head. "You'll be back before Advisory is over," she responded.

Jada blinked. She definitely knows something she's not telling me, she thought to herself as she left the room.

Jada knew what and where room 907 was.

The Theatre teacher's room. Mr. Miller's.

Jada had a few classes with one of his sons, Jesse Miller.

Despite knowing who's room it was, Jada was still confused.

Why was I called down? Isn't casting over?

Jada had gotten turned down when she auditioned for a part in their production of Newsies. It hurt, yeah, but she knew that's how life went.

Mr. Miller had told her to keep trying and that she had real talent, but there was another person.

There was always another person.

Jada just wished she was the other person for once.

Jada knocked on the door to room 907.

Not even a second later, someone opened it.

Jada's eyes met Jesse's. She blinked. "Hello," she greeted slowly.

Jesse smiled shyly. "Hey."

Jada looked past Jesse and into the room. Emilio Trivisonno, Mr. Miller's other son, was standing next to him. Mr. Miller was sat at his desk.

"Jada," Mr. Miller smiled, "come in, come in." He gestured for her to come in.

Jada walked into the room. She heard Jesse close the door behind her.

When she walked in, she noticed that both Mr. Johnson - who most people knew was pretty close with Mr. Miller - and Mr. Abbott were in the room too. They were two other teachers at her school, with Mr. Abbott teaching English and Mr. Johnson teaching Math.

This is the whole casting team for the musical, Jada realized. Well, if Jesse and Emilio are in the other two teachers' places. She looked back at Mr. Miller. "Am I in trouble?" Jada asked.

Mr. Miller shook his head. "You're not in trouble," he assured her. "In fact, it's quite the opposite."

That's what teachers say when I've done something good, Jada's eyebrows furrowed. I'm very confused. I'm not in any of their classes.

"First, I want to know how your break was," Mr. Miller said with a smile. "I hope it was good."

Jada nodded slowly. "It was, thank you. And yours?" she asked.

Mr. Miler smiled. "Good. Thank you."

Jada nodded.

"Now, when we casted Newsies," Mr. Miller started, looking at the papers spread out on his desk.

Mr. Johnson rolled his eyes fondly at the slightly younger man. He's such a mess, he thought to himself.

Now, Jada was especially curious.