Chapter 49 - Are We Gonna Have a Problem?

- Chapter 49 - In Which, Yes, We Do Have Another Problem -
Warnings: mentions of getting beat up, bad pasts, injuries, threatening, rude people, homophobia
Third Person POV

Reagan helped Aurora walk down the stairs.

They were slow, but they were making it.

She felt so bad for her... were they girlfriends now? Reagan didn't know. All she knew was that poor Aurora was wincing in pain with every step and was having trouble walking.

Reagan would've picked her up and carried her down the stairs, if she trusted herself not to fall and injure herself and Aurora further.

So, they were doing this.

It took them about five minutes to get down all of the stairs.

Aurora kept apologizing for being slow, but Reagan just shrugged it off. She didn't mind. She'd do anything for her.

When they finally got down the stairs, they walked into the kitchen.

Aurora's whole family was sitting in the kitchen, with the exception of Lila.

Aurora's eyes widen.

Reagan was also slightly startled.

Mrs. Delacour noticed them first. "Aurora!" she exclaimed, quickly going over to the girls. She gasped when she saw Aurora's face. "What happened?" she asked, cupping her daughter's cheeks and studying the injuries on her face.

Aurora bit her lip. She looked to Reagan.

"Can I tell her?" Reagan asked, her voice soft.

Aurora nodded.

Mrs. Delacour looked at Reagan, clearly worried.

"There's a girl in our cast- who I'm pretty sure no one likes-" Reagan added with a slightly annoyed tone, "she cornered Aurora after rehearsal yesterday, when I wasn't there because I had to leave immediately after rehearsal," she explained. "We treated Aurora's injuries from her, to the best of our ability, but there's still the obvious ones on her face and then the two hiding due to her clothing," she informed her.

Mrs. Delacour looked back at her daughter. "Oh, Chérie," she hugged Aurora close, "je suis vraiment désolé."

"Je suis désolé maman," Aurora whispered as she hugged her back.

Mrs. Delacour pulled away, still staring into her daughter's blue eyes. "I don't want you doing much at rehearsals today," she told her. "Singing at the most."

Aurora hesitated. "Maman-"

Mrs. Delacour shook her head. "And we're going to the doctor after," she added.

Aurora looked at Reagan, her eyes wide.

Reagan squeezed her hand. "I'll go with you," she assured her.

Aurora nodded.

Mrs. Delacour turned to Reagan. "Thank you again, Mon chérie," she said.

Reagan nodded. "I love her with my life," she responded. "I'd do anything for her."

"I'd do anything," Aurora sang quietly as she tried to look anywhere but at her mother and Reagan, feeling extremely awkward.

Reagan chuckled.

"Come sit," Mrs. Delacour told them, "I made breakfast." She smiled.

Reagan helped Aurora walk to the table and sit down.

Reagan sat next to Théodore. She waved at him. "Bonjour."

Théodore smiled and waved in return.