Chapter 75 - "Being Sick Sucks."

- Chapter 75 - Meeting the Fitzgerald Family -
Warnings: sickness, crying, but it's all a pretty happy and cute chapter
Third Person POV

Mary knocked on the door of the Fitzgerald household, holding a bunch of stuff in her hands.

It was currently 6:51 a.m.. She had Music Theory with Mr. Miller first period, so he was excusing her from the class so she could take the food Emilio made for Declan and Andrew to their house and see how they were.

The door opened after a moment, revealing an older woman who looked a bit disheveled and tired. "Hello?"

Mary frowned. "Hello, my name is Mary," she introduced herself. "I'm one of Andrew and Declan's cast mates. I have stuff for them," she informed her.

The woman noticed the stuff in her arms. She looked a bit shocked, but smiled. "I'm Laura, the boys' mother," she introduced herself.

Mary's eyes widened when she realized she was meeting Andrew and Declan's mother, but she played it off. "It's nice to meet you."

Laura nodded, opening the door for Mary and stepping out of the way. "Same to you, however, I wish it were for different reasons," she said. "Come on in."

"Mary!" Someone gasped.

Mary looked over, finding Declan. He was sitting on the ground by the couch to her left, looking really sad and sick.

There were two boys next to Declan, both of them looking at Mary, confused.

"Declan." Mary frowned. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

Declan shrugged a bit, wincing in pain. He leaned against the boy to his right. "Sick," he answered simply.

Mary nodded sympathetically.

"Andrew!" a voice shouted.

They heard feet pounding against the floor as two people came running down the hallway.

Mary looked up at where the sound was coming from.

Andrew suddenly was at the top of the stairs. "I saw Mary's car!" he exclaimed, his voice hoarse and raw-sounded.

Mary smiled a bit.

Another boy quickly came running to the top of the stairs, panting hard. "This is why we don't give him a room with windows!" he exclaimed, looking breathless.

"Andrew Cade Dawson." One of the boys with Declan stood up, his arms crossed as he looked at Andrew. He seemed to be the oldest boy.

Andrew ignored him. His eyes landed on Mary. "Mary!" He tried to go down the stairs, but the boy with him stopped him when he swayed.

The boy with him sighed softly, holding him close. "You're going to be the death of yourself and the cause of my heart stopping," he mumbled.

Mary chuckled lightly. "Hey, Drew," she tried to wave a bit, "how are you?"

Andrew struggled to try to get away from his brother. "I feel sick," he answered. "Being sick sucks," he complained. He burst into coughs, calming down after a minute.

Mary frowned, a bit concerned.

Declan's eyebrows furrowed when he noticed Mary was carrying stuff. "What do you have, Mary?" He asked curiously, sounding a bit delirious.

Mary looked at the stuff in her arms, before looking back at him. "Emilio made food to help you feel better and I volunteered to bring it here," she informed him.

"Sounds like him." Andrew coughed, leaning against his brother for support.

Declan watched Mary. Tears filled his eyes and he pulled out of his brother's arms, laying down on the ground. "I'm sick and sad and grateful, and I'm crying..." he mumbled, tears streaming down his cheeks.