Chapter 15 - Tricks and Dips and Flips (and Ships)

- Chapter 15 - Enjoy my meme that I found on Pinterest when I had Covid one day that made me laugh so hard and is now my comfort meme that has helped me through sadness, Covid, surgery, and more lol -
Warnings: crazy tricks that you shouldn't do unless you're dance trained and with a/are a professional and, per usual, teasing
A/N, thank you so much to berrythenewsie because I'm hopeless when it comes to dance terminology. They helped a lot lol.
Third Person POV

"These men who seem to know my crime
Will surely come a second time
One day more"

Isaac walked into the rehearsal room from filling his water, not extremely shocked to find Declan singing Valjean's parts in One Day More.

They were theatre kids; they were always singing something, dancing, or acting to something theatre-based.

Isaac watched as Gabriel grabbed Kennedy's hands and stared into her eyes.

"I did not live until today
How can I live when we are parted?"

Isaac let out a chuckle as he watched.

"One day more"

Kennedy smiled as she started singing with Gabriel.

It was funny to Isaac since she was taller than Gabriel and he had only ever seen actors playing Marius who were taller than their partners playing Cosette.

"Tomorrow you'll be worlds away
And yet with you, my world has started"

Aliyah stood up, deciding to join for fun.

"One more day all on my own"

Gabriel and Kennedy struggled to hide laughs as they continued.

"Will we ever meet again?"

Gabriel attempted to dip Kennedy, but since she was taller than him, it didn't fully work. This caused them to laugh harder.

"One more day with him not caring"

"I was born to be with you"

At this point, Kennedy and Gabriel were starting to break characters because they were laughing.

"What a life I might have known"

"And I swear I will be true!"

Gabriel and Kennedy couldn't finish their lyric because they were laughing so hard, causing other cast members who were watching to laugh with them.

"But he never saw me there"

Aliyah finished strong. She looked at Gabriel and Kennedy. "It helps when the people you're doing a scene with don't break character," she commented with a laugh.

Gabriel and Kennedy couldn't respond, they were laughing too hard.

"Yo, peeps, wrong show," Isaac told them as he sat down, laughing.

Josh gasped, getting up. "Mr. Miller!"

Said man looked up from his clipboard and at Josh, raising an eyebrow at him.

"We should do Les Mis!" Josh exclaimed, a grin on his face. "Trick everyone! "Ha! You thought we were doing Newsies? You thought wrong"!" he told him. "I can be Young Cosette!" he added excitedly.

"I mean, they're both history-based," Finn commented, switching to a middle split, "and not always extremely historically accurate," he added with a soft laugh.

Mr. Miller chuckled at them. "No, but thank you for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind for next year," he responded.

Jesse gasped. "You'd do Les Mis without me?" he asked, an offended look on his face.