Chapter 55 - Sparks Fly on the Very First Day of Rehearsal for Jada

- Chapter 55 - Also Known As "Kennedy Gets Her Crutch" -
Warnings: mentions of Juliet and love and injuries, but it's mostly pretty happy
Third Person POV

"Hey, Reagan," Kyler started.

Reagan looked up as she stretched.

"How's Aurora doing?" Kyler asked. "I know she was going to the doctor after rehearsal before break," he said.

Reagan nodded. "Her injuries are not as bad as they could've been, which is good," she explained. "She's supposed to take it easy for two weeks before she's allowed to dance again, and to go slowly when she is," she informed him.

Kyler nodded. "Is she doing okay?" he asked, his eyes soft.

Reagan smiled a bit at him caring. She nodded. "Nights are rough and past memories, and obviously she wants to dance and stuff, but she's pushing through it," she explained. "It's Aurora; she's resilient."

Kyler nodded, smiling.

"Reagan!"

Reagan looked up. She chuckled. "And apparently, I'm needed currently," she said as she got up.

Kyler chuckled. "I mean, of course. You're an extremely important person, especially to her," he responded.

Reagan smiled. "Thanks, Ky. So are you." She walked over to Aurora and the people with her.

Kyler smiled.

"May I have everyone's attention please?!"

Kyler looked up to see Mr. Miller calling for everyone's attention. He quickly got up and walked closer to the director.

Mr. Miller stood downstage, on point zero. He smiled as he looked around the cast. "So, I know that we were down a swing due to a recent... event," he started.

"Due to Juliet being a jerk," Jesse piped in, standing next to him.

Mr. Miller chuckled. "Thank you again, Jesse," he said. "Well today, Jesse, Emilio, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Abbott, and I met with a candidate for the new female swing," he informed them.

Olivier raised his hand. "Is she nice?" he asked.

Mr. Abbott smiled. "I'm not sure," he started, "you'll have to ask Isabella."

"And Jesse," Emilio muttered under his breath.

Jesse glared at him.

Isabella exchanged confused looks with a few cast members.

Jada popped up from the level below the stage.

Isabella's eyes widen. "Jada Aniyah Williams!" she exclaimed, jogging over to her. "You did not tell me you met with Mr. Miller!"

Jada laughed as her cousin hugged her. "I met with Mr. Miller," she informed her.

Isabella rolled her eyes, glaring slightly at her. "Thank you," she grumbled.

Mr. Miller smiled. "Excited?" he asked.

"They know each other?" Noah asked.

"Obviously." Mateo scoffed, his arms crossed.

Noah rolled his eyes at him.

"Guys," Isabella turned around to face them, her arm over Jada's shoulder. "This is my younger cousin, Jada," she introduced her, smiling.

She got some wide eyes in response.

"Oh, she'll be nice," Aliyah said as she walked over to them. She held her hand out for Jada to shake. "Aliyah Rose." She smiled. "I play Katherine."