Chapter 87 - Theatre Department Traditions and Ted Talks

- Chapter 87 - You have no idea how long it took me to see if I had named the high school they're at lol. That's one of the things I regret not writing down in my notes -
Warnings: Mentions of hard times, sickness, slight crying, forgetting, frustration,
Third Person POV

Quentin Miller was the Theatre Director at Wilson High School.

Quentin Miller had been the Theatre Director at Wilson High School for sixteen years now, and as the creator of the theatre department, he had a lot of say in how everything was done.

That being said, Quentin Miller also had many traditions he had started in the theatre department at Wilson High School.

And one of them was bound to happen soon. Jesse just had to figure out when.

"I don't know when he's planning on doing it," Jesse whispered, his eyes flicking over to his adoptive father to make sure he was unsuspecting of the current conversation. "He hasn't done it yet and it's getting scarily close to tech week."

Emilio was sat next to him, playing with a fidget cube and pouting because his father hadn't allowed him to do any tricks or dance yet, and they had just finished running most of the songs.

Aliyah nodded, sitting crisscross with her hands in her lap. "I agree. He has to do it soon," she stated.

The others in the group nodded in agreement.

"Maybe he's just waiting until tech week?" Gabriel suggested, playing with Mateo's hair.

As per usual, the two boys were making everyone else feel painfully single. Mateo was laying down with his head in Gabriel's lap as Gabriel played with his hair.

(Stage, are you feeling single?
Noooo
Really?
Look, I just want cuddlesss-)

"And have more things on his plate for that week?" Declan shook his head. "He wouldn't. Tech week stresses him out enough."

"But maybe it would be something light to help make tech week a little more bearable?" Andrew suggested.

Jesse shook his head. "Even then, he would never."

"Declan's right." Kennedy pointed to him. "Mr. Miller is far too stressed during tech week to do that."

"With that, he's running out of days he can do it before tech week," Mary said.

Andrew nodded in agreement.

They all shut up when they heard someone walking over.

"Ooooh, are we doing that we're-all-in-a-group-and-talking-about-something-secretive-but-we're-going-to-pretend-like-we-aren't-and-fail-miserably thing?" Josh plopped himself down, in between Andrew and Mary. He grinned. "Count me in."

The group around him laughed.

Andrew pouted when Josh separated him and Mary, missing the knowing look on Rowan's face.

"We're trying to figure out when Mr. Miller will do the thing," Jesse informed him, playing with something on the ground.

"The thing of which you haven't told me yet," Emilio grumbled, sounding bitter. He didn't look up from his fidget cube.

Jesse rolled his eyes fondly. "There is no way you don't know what I'm talking about. You literally got to watch it last year," he reminded him.

Emilio looked up at him, his eyes narrowed and his gaze strong, annoyed. "Jesse. Brain: not work," he pointed to his head, "memory: tis crap, body: tis sick. Brain: dead." He rolled his eyes and looked back at his fidget cube.