Chapter 48 - Happy Confessions and Sad Confessions

- Chapter 48 - Totally Rad Confessions, Super Confessions, Drama Confessions, Big Fat Momma Confessions (lol, idk what I'm doing with my life) -
Warnings: mentions of bruises, injuries, homophobia, bullies, crying, and lying
Third Person POV

Reagan was taking a five minute break from rehearsal when her phone rang. She picked it up and looked at the contact.

'Madame Delacour' was the contact that popped up on the screen.

Reagan's eyebrows furrowed. Why is she calling me? Aurora isn't even here. She pressed answer and held the phone to her ear. "Madame Delacour?"

"Reagan," Mrs. Delacour sounded incredibly relieved, "Dieu merci," she muttered. "Where are you?" she asked.

"Rehearsal, why?" Reagan answered. She was slowly growing more and more concerned. "Is everything okay?" she asked.

Mrs. Delacour shook her head. "Aurora came home from rehearsal yesterday- and- and she was late and hiding her head," she informed her. "I tried to ask what was wrong and she shook her head and ran up to her room. Théodore went up to her room, multiple times, and said it sounds like she's crying, each time," she explained, seeming a bit panicked. "Did something happen? Could you help? This reminds me of last time," she told her, her voice shaking a bit.

Reagan's eyes widened.

The last time that Mrs. Delacour was talking about took place on one school day when Reagan was sick. Kids who had bullied Aurora - who had stopped for a bit because Reagan was with her and protected her - made a plan and beat her up, and would've done far worse if the principal hadn't caught them. Aurora wouldn't talk for days and Reagan was the only one who got anything out of her mouth.

"One second, Reagan," Mrs. Delacour told her.

Reagan heard Aurora's mom talking to someone on the other side of the phone for a moment.

"I'm back." Mrs. Delacour swallowed. "I need to know if something happened at rehearsal or school yesterday. I think it's bad," she explained quickly. "Theo says he can't get her to say anything or open her door, and if she's hiding her face, I think something happened." She was obviously pacing.

Reagan looked at the clock on the wall. "Madame Delacour, breathe," she told her. "I'll see what I can do to get out of rehearsals, alright?" she asked. "I'll be over as soon as I can be," Reagan assured her.

"Je vous remercie." Mrs. Delacour breathed out.

Reagan nodded. "Je vous en prie."

With that, Mrs. Delacour hung up.

Reagan put her phone down. It was only 4:36 p.m., but it was going to get dark soon.

Reagan was feeling incredibly grateful that this was not a rehearsal that the little kids were at and that she had biked here.

Reagan quickly got up, walking over to Mr. Miller, who was talking with Mr. Johnson.

Mr. Miller looked up at her, the usual warm smile on his face. "Is everything alright, Reagan?" he asked.

Reagan quickly shook her head. "No, it's not alright," she whispered. She was still trying to wrap her head around this. "I think Aurora's hurt and I think something happened after rehearsal yesterday," she told him. "I'm not sure, but Madame Delacour, her mom, just called me and she's panicked because Aurora has said nothing and just cried in her room since she got home yesterday," Reagan explained quickly, running a hand through her hair as she processed it.

Mr. Miller and Mr. Johnson quickly stood up.

"Do you need to go see her?" Mr. Miller asked.

Reagan nodded vigorously.