Chapter 88 - Costume Red-Carpets

- Chapter 88 - Yay, Costume Stuff! -
Warnings: nothing much. Slight self-esteem issues? But other than that, it's a fun chapter
Third Person POV

Nathan leaned over to Noah, who he was sitting next to. "Why do they have some sort of red carpet thing?" he mumbled to him.

Noah chuckled. "It was from one of Mr. Miller's first shows," he explained. "They bring it out every year when we do this."

Nathan looked at him. "You all still haven't told me what "this" is."

Noah chuckled again, patting his shoulder. "Don't worry; you'll find out." He turned back to the group.

"Okay, who do we want to go first?" Quentin Miller asked the group.

Josh perked up. "Jesse and Kennedy!" he exclaimed, raising his hand in the air.

Quentin chuckled. "Jesse and Kennedy it is." He nodded to them.

The two of them nodded and got up, walking to the back.

A few minutes later, they both came out, in their fully finished costumes.

Nathan's eyes lit up. "Costumes?!" He grinned at Noah. "This is how he reveals costumes?"

Noah smiled. "Yep."

Jesse and Kennedy walked down the red carpet in the middle of the stage.

Jesse pretended to pose and blow kisses to people (Jada), while Kennedy laughed at her.

"Come on, Ken! You're supposed to strut!" Kyler called to her, laughing.

Kennedy shot him an amused look. "Please tell me how to do that when I have a crutch under my arm, Kyler," she responded knowingly.

Kyler pursed his lips. He shrugged, a grin tugging on his lips. "Well?"

Kennedy rolled her eyes fondly. She and Jesse stopped walking at the end of the red carpet.

Quentin chuckled. "For anyone who is new to the Theatre Department, this is how we reveal costumes to our cast mates," he informed them. "And you'll all get to do it today, in pairs of two." He turned to them. "Thank you two."

Jesse and Kennedy pretended to bow, before laughing at themselves and going to sit down.

"Next up, Rowan and Aliyah."

Aliyah grinned, jumping up. She grabbed Rowan's wrist and pulled him to the costume room.

Rowan yelped, getting dragged along by her.

"Someone's strong," Mary commented.

Isabella chuckled. "Yes, when she's excited," she responded.

Mary chuckled with her.

After a few minutes, the two of them came back out.

"Woah, Allie!" Aurora grinned. "You look beautiful!!"

Aliyah had a bright grin on her face. "I love this costume!"

"Do a spin!" Josh exclaimed, bouncing in excitement for her.

Aliyah did a small spin as she walked down the red carpet thing, getting multiple cheers and applause.

"Ro," Mary chuckled, "try to look a little less awkward," she told him.

Josh smacked her arm lightly. "He's method acting, Mary-Bell," he responded like it was obvious. "Don't question his ways of getting into character."

Rowan rolled his eyes. "I'm just not used to this being how we show everyone our costumes," he mumbled. "I'm not really the 'walk down a red carpet' type of guy."