Chapter 84 - Sick Kids and Worried Parents (technically worried Quentin)

- Chapter 84 - Another sick chapter! -
Warnings: throwing up, overstimulation, worried Quentin, anxiety (and anxiety medication), medicine in general, and crying and stuff like that
Third Person POV

Jesse realized a bit before Gabriel, Samuel, and his father left that if he was staying home, he couldn't have lunch with Gabriel.

Due to this, he decided to pack the snacks in Gabriel's bag with a note reminding Gabriel that he loved him, that he could call Jesse at any point, and to eat at least a snack.

Currently, it was a few hours later.

Emilio had woken up a few times in the few hours, but he didn't stay awake for long.

It physically pained Jesse to see his usually super energetic younger brother like this, even if he had seen him like this before. Usually, when Emilio got sick, he got super sick.

"Jesse..." a soft voice mumbled.

Jesse looked down at the boy next to him. He frowned a bit, rubbing his back lightly. "Yeah?"

Emilio's eyes were closed and his mouth was a bit open. He seemed out of it and half asleep. "My head hurts..." he whispered.

Jesse frowned. "I'm sorry, Lio. Do you want me to grab medicine?" he asked.

"Yeah..."

Jesse got up and went to the bathroom. He opened the medicine cabinet and looked through the medicines in the cabinet.

It took a few minutes to find the medicine, but Jesse eventually found it behind Quentin's anxiety medication. He figured his foster father had moved the medicine that morning when taking his medication.

Jesse grabbed it and some water, and went back to his room, where Emilio was resting.

However, when he got to his room, he found that Emilio was asleep again.

Jesse smiled a bit. I guess I'll give him the medicine when he wakes up, he thought to himself.

Later
At Rehearsal

"Mason is doing really well as Morris and Eliasz is great as Henry," Mr. Martino commented as he watched the kids talk.

They were on a break currently.

Mr. Abbott smiled, looking over at the two boys, who were talking to Jada and drinking their water. "They really are. I'm very proud of them," he said.

Mr. Holland nodded in agreement. "Being a swing, especially for your first time, is hard," he stated. "They are doing great."

"And Aiden is great as Jack and Noah is great at Race," Mr. Strauss added. "Especially once Aiden got into it and less worried he'd mess up," he said.

Mr. Holland nodded in agreement. He looked over and Quentin and frowned. "How are your boys, Quentin?" he asked.

Quentin looked up, startled as if he was snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh?"

"How are Jesse and Emilio?" Shawn Holland asked him. "And Gabriel?"

Quentin frowned a bit as he thought about it. "Gabriel had a rough morning food wise... then came to me at lunch, sobbing, because Jesse packed him comfort foods and a nice note and it caused him to break, so Samuel covered my class and we called him," he explained.

Samuel nodded. "I was off period 5 today," he informed them.

Some of the oldsies frowned.

"From what I've heard, Emilio has been sleeping most of the day," Quentin explained, his eyes flicking back over to his phone anxiously, as if waiting for bad news. "Jesse has been taking care of him and just resting while Emilio sleeps," he informed them, "but he had a rough morning too."