Chapter 59 - Our Trios Meet (Mainly Due to Emilio and Amari)

- Chapter 59 - Talking and Stuff like that lol -
Warnings: slight mentions of getting scared, but it's a pretty happy chapter
Third Person POV

Emilio walked through the backstage area of the theater, just looking around.

The backstage area was cool to him.

Emilio really liked to look around at all of the paintings that different casts of musicals had painted backstage.

There were some on the tiles, the walls, even some of the doors had them.

His favorite thing was looking through all of the different signatures on the paintings, seeing if he recognized them, and searching up their life story if he did recognize them or if their name interested him.

(And then he'd usually go ramble on to Jesse or Gabriel about what he found and ask them if they knew anything. Mostly, they didn't know anything about the actor, but sometimes they did.)

"Emilio!"

Emilio looked up. He felt his heart flutter when he saw Amari.

Amari jogged up to him. "Hey!" he greeted, feeling a little breathless.

Emilio watched him. "Hi," he mumbled, playing with his bracelet behind his back.

Jesse had gotten him the bracelet a while ago. Apparently, it was designed to help with ADHD and anxiety. He worked hard to earn money and bought it for Emilio's 9th birthday, just barely a year after they had met in the group home.

Emilio barely ever took it off, unless it was to shower or something.

Amari chuckled lightly, his arms above his head to catch his breath. "How are you?"

Emilio shrugged. "Alive."

Amari nodded. "Good. What are you doing?" he asked curiously.

"Looking at the paintings," Emilio answered, looking around. "I do it a lot, but it's fun. There are so many actors you can learn new things about; I don't think I'll ever get tired of it," he informed him.

Amari nodded, letting his arms drop.

Emilio pointed to the Rent Farewell Tour painting. "Do you see this one?" he asked.

Amari nodded.

Emilio pointed to a signature on painting. "This is Tommy Kaiser," he informed him. "He was a Swing in the Farewell Tour and understudied Mark and Roger," he explained. "He was also in a production of Newsies." He beamed, looking up at Amari.

Amari chuckled. "That's really cool."

Emilio nodded, letting his hand drop. He turned back to Amari. "He also reminds me of Nate; they have the same last name," he informed him.

Amari nodded. "So... I was thinking," he started.

Emilio looked up at him. "I feel like I should be concerned... it's really dangerous when Jesse thinks. Is it dangerous when you think?" he questioned.

Amari paused, blinking. He then let out a light laugh. "No, it's not dangerous for me to think," he responded.

Emilio nodded. "Okay, good."

Amari chuckled. "I was wondering if you wanted to meet some of my friends, techies, and if I could meet some of your cast mates," he said.

Emilio paused as he took a moment to process this idea. "I... that could be fun," he mumbled.

Amari smiled. "Yeah, I know some of my friends want to meet you and your cast mates," he informed him.

Emilio looked up at him and tilted his head to the side. "Really?"