Break In

Y/N POV: You pull into the PizzaPlex parking lot and unlock the front doors. You lock them behind you and watch the shutters close, signifying that the mall was closed. But from somewhere behind you, you hear ⏃ young boy yell "Wait! I'm still here!". You look back to see nothing. You walk up to where you thought you heard the boy, and sure enough, he had tried to run away. As he ran, you heard the voice of Freddy coming from what you assume is his Fazwatch. You called out "Hey! Little boy! I won't hurt you! Please come out!" But nobody responded. Oh well. You decide it's better not to go looking for him, and that it would only worsen your chances of him trusting you. So instead you go over to the Daycare, and from ⏃ distance see Sundrop on his stage balcony. You sit and admire his playful dancing until something happens. He notices you. You could easily tell he was looking straight at you, and it sent ⏃ slight chill down your spine. Sundrop broke eye contact and dived off of the balcony into the ball pit below. He looks around before climbing up the multicolored slide that led into the Daycare, but he only climbed about 3/4 of the way. Curious, you walk over to the slide and sit at the entrance. "Hello Officer Y/N! Did you like the show?" Sundrop said through the slide. Unsure exactly what to say, you tell him it was excellent. He happily thanks you and says that he's glad you enjoyed. "Hey, Sundrop? I have ⏃ question for you. Oh, but first, do you mind if I enter the Daycare so it's easier to speak to you?" You ask, somewhat shyly. "Of course friend! Here, let me slide on down and you can follow!" He responds enthusiastically. You wait until you are able to see him in the ball pit before sliding down. The thing is, you haven't ridden ⏃ slide in ⏃ long time, so once you land you face-plant into the plastic balls. As you lift yourself up you can hear that Sundrop is distressed at your fall. You just laugh and brush off your knees once you get up. "Officer Y/N! Are you okay?!" Sundrop asks, worried. "I'm fine, no need to worry. That was fun anyways." You respond, still laughing some. The two of you walk over to the security desk and sit down, you in the chair and Sundrop on the side of the desk. "Okay, the question I wanted to ask is if you have seen ⏃ young boy running around here at all? ⏃ kid got locked in after closing and I think he might be in danger." You say, becoming more serious. "No, I haven't seen anyone here other than you, friend. Also, why would he be in danger? Is it the others malfunctioning?" Sundrop responds, now worried. "Possibly. But I'm more scared of what will happen if Vanessa finds him." You answer. "Officer Vanessa?" He asks. "What bad could Officer Vanessa do?" "Listen, something is up with her. She has been really hostile towards children recently and I don't want to risk ⏃ child getting hurt." You explain, going ⏃ bit more quiet. Sundrop says nothing. It's an awkward silence between the two of you before you break the silence. "What if I try to lure him in here, and you and I will watch over him until opening. He'll stay safe that way." You suggest. "That sounds fun! I always love new friends!" Sundrop replies. "That was mood swing.." you think. You bid him farewell for now and exit the Daycare. As you look for the boy you can't help but think of Sundrop. You're not quite sure why, but you have the urge to just hug him forever. He seems so welcoming. You suddenly get ⏃ notification on your Fazwatch. It's Sundrop. The boy had just entered the Daycare. You hurry back, but by the time you get there the Daycare is pitch black. The only question on your mind is: "Is Sundrop alright?"