Healing

Y/N POV: Fire everywhere. Your leg hurts excruciatingly, and it's getting hard to breathe. Dust and ash cloud your vision. There's a ringing in your ears that almost drowns out the fire crackling and rubble falling to the ground. You call for Sun, but there isn't a response. Nothing from Moon either. You can smell wet, hot paint in the air. It makes you feel sick. The air is hot and sticky, dust particles just dying to find their way into your lungs, eyes, and throat. Which way is the exit? Could you even make it there on your own? As you realize this is where your life will end, tears roll down your cheeks and evaporate once they hit the hot ground. Suddenly, everything goes white.

You wake up in a cold sweat, practically gasping for air as tears well up in your eyes. You look around your room and see Moon sitting beside you, concerned. You begin to cry and cough as you pull Moon into a tight embrace. "Shh... everything's alright, Starlight. I'm here." He says as he gently strokes your back. You can't do anything but cry into his chest as he comforts you, it makes you feel pathetic. But, alas, you can't stop the tears. B/N sticks his head into the room.

"Is everything alright? I heard crying." He asks, looking genuinely concerned. S/N looks into the room from behind him. "I think they just had a nightmare is all." Moon replies, speaking for you as you continue to sob. You try and try to pull yourself together, only to break down once again. You hate it. You can't stand the feeling of crying, how it makes your whole body hurt. Your vision is blurred and your hearing starts to fade, replaced only by loud ringing. Your breathing starts to quicken, no matter how hard you try to take deep breaths. Your throat is closing, making it harder and harder to breathe. Through the deafening ringing in your ears, you can barely hear Moon say something. You can't make it out, but after a few seconds, you can feel your weighted blanket being draped onto you. Against your hand you can feel your weighted plushie as well. You hold the old thing close, the weight of both it and your weighted blanket bringing some sense back to you. Moon wraps his arms around you, holding you in a gentle yet firm embrace. You find yourself able to breathe again, and you finally take deep breaths. The last of the tears start to leave your eyes as the exhaustion sets in, causing you to pass out before you could say anything to Moon or your siblings.

Once you wake up later, Sun is now sitting by your side. He looks worried, more visibly concerned than Moon was. "Y/N! Are you okay? Is there anything I can do to help?" He asks, inspecting what he can see of you to make sure you're alright. "I'm... I'm fine, Sunnybun. Thank you for the concern, really." You reply with ⏃ yawn, an exhausted look on your face. "You're sure? Please, I only want to help." It's clear he doesn't believe you. "Yeah, I'm sure. Sorry for scaring you." You reply. "You shouldn't apologize for that, you know. It's not like you could help it." Sun says, pulling you into a gentle hug. You hesitantly hug back. "I know, but I still feel like I should. Force of habit, I guess." You reply, still sorry even though he said you shouldn't be. You just can't help it, for some odd reason. Feeling deeply uncomfortable with the conversation you've gotten yourself in, you change the subject. "So, um, what do you say we go see B/N and S/N? It's not healthy to stay in bed all day." It's not hard for Sun to tell you're trying to escape the conversation. As much as you need to talk about something as important as this, he can tell you're uncomfortable. So, he'll wait until you're ready. "Sure, why not? I'll get your crutches." He replies, going back to his usual, positive demeanor. He hands you the crutches and you get out of bed, the two of you going to the lounge to say hello to your siblings. They ask if you're alright, and once you give them the empty assurance you are, they move on to happier conversation. B/N hands you a plate of pancakes he'd made for you, and life resumes as normal. Little interactions between your family and Sunny bring ⏃ smile to your face. With this, you begin to think of a good way to spend your day. You miss how you used to be able to spend time with both Sunny and Moony in one day. B/N is good with mechanics, right? Maybe he could solve that problem.

Author Note: For anyone who needs to hear this, know that you are loved and appreciated. These may seem like empty words, but know that I, among others, appreciate you.