A Stroll Through the Woods

Y/N POV: As the two of you enter the cool shade of the trees, Sun transforms into Eclipse. It's nice, since you don't have to worry about Moon being left out. The two of you walk through the calm woods, Eclipse stopping every now and then to look at their surroundings. Almost as if they were a child, they have such wonder and amazement in their eyes. Nearby, you spot some wild narcissus. An idea comes to you, and you get to work on a flower crown for the boys. After a while, you're able to get it done and present it to them. "Eclipse?" You ask, hiding the flower crown behind your back. They look over to you and tilt their head. Slowly, you approach them and place the flower crown on their head. "I hope you like it." You say, backing up while carefully watching their reaction. They take it off to get a better look at it, their eyes widening at the sight of the narcissus. They're so ecstatic, it's hard for them to contain it. They carefully yet eagerly put it back on and look at you. "Y/N! Thank you, we love it!!" They exclaim, rushing up to you and pulling you into a hug. You nearly drop your crutches at the sudden movement, but you're able to stay upright and hug them back. You sigh and laugh contentedly, finding yourself so deeply in love with them. You don't know what you'd do without them by this point. Kind of pathetic, now that you think about it, but you couldn't care less anymore. The two of you break the hug and Eclipse still has such joy on their face, a happiness that is difficult to describe. "There's a more open area we can sit in up ahead, if you'd like." You suggest, pointing in the direction of the clearing. Somehow, their eyes light up further. It's gotten to the point where you'd be genuinely impressed if they managed to get more excited. They excitedly run towards the clearing, the flower crown nearly flying off. You slowly follow them, your speed hindered by the crutches. You eventually make it to the clearing, Eclipse running up to you and profusely apologizing for leaving you behind in their excitement. You simply chuckle and smile. "It's alright, don't worry. I'm glad that you're enjoying yourselves." You reassure them, taking their hand in yours. As you hold their hand, you find that they're extremely hot to the touch. You pull your hand away to avoid getting burnt, Eclipse looking worried that they did something wrong. "I do recommend that you try calming down, though. Your exterior is so hot, my hand nearly burnt! At least your temperature matches your looks..." You say. You chuckle to yourself after sneaking in the last comment. It takes Eclipse a second to process what you said before going bright red. "Oh, stop it, you! Trying to tell us to calm down and then blatantly flirting with us? Please, Starlight, make up your mind!" They exclaim, laughing. "But I just can't help myself! You're simply too appealing, I have to refrain from showering you in compliments whenever I look at you." You explain, a smug yet loving smile on your face. "You have really odd taste, Y/N." They say with a sigh, struggling not to smile. A silence comes upon you and them as you become aware of your surroundings once more. "Oh, it's getting dark already. Doesn't feel like we've been here that long, does it?" You say, looking up at the now pinkish sky. Eclipse looks around as well, marveling at the colors of the approaching sunset. "No, it really doesn't..." They agree, still captivated by the transition into night. As it gets progressively darker, Eclipse shifts into Moon. While less absorbed into his surroundings, he is still in awe of the outside world. "Y/N... I never thought I'd get to see the outside world. Sun has some recollection of outside, but I've never been able to see the real world until you came along." Moon suddenly confesses, leaning against your shoulder. You look at him with sympathy and curiosity in your eyes. "Sun has been outside of the PizzaPlex before?" You ask. "Yeah, before the whole Daycare thing, we used to be rented out for kids' parties. Of course, since everything was all bright and during the day, Sun was the one doing everything. We weren't nearly as connected back then as we are now, so I never got to see anything of it." He explains, sitting up and fiddling with the ribbons around his wrists. "Well, what matters now is that you're out of the PizzaPlex and you get to experience everything. Besides, isn't it better that you get to experience it all with me~?" You tease, leaning closer to him. Moon playfully scoffs, pushing you away. "You're such a flirt, I swear. Are you trying to make me overheat?" He says, a lovely smile creeping onto his face as he chuckles at your antics. You simply chuckle as well before kissing his forehead. "There's a reason I fell in love with you and Sun, and now is a prime example of it." You say, looking at him lovingly. Moon looks away, flustered. "Oh dear..." You hear him mutter. You yawn, and he looks back at you. "Time to go home?" He asks, holding your hand in his. You nod and grab your crutches, slowly but surely standing up. The two of you have a pleasant walk home, Moon catching a firefly on the way back. Before the two of you enter the front door, he looks at the night sky for a few moments before setting the firefly free and watching it fly away. He was happy, and so were you. The two of you go back to your room and get comfy in bed. You hold each other close, falling asleep in each other's arms contentedly.