Back Home

Y/N POV: You wake up to Sundrop gently shaking you awake. "Oh.. Sunny? Is something wrong?" You ask sleepily. "I just wanted to let you know that it's 5:58, and your shift ends at 6:00, so you should probably be getting ready to go home.." He replies, trailing off at the end. You look at him with longing eyes. "You want to come with me, don't you.." You say. "Yeah, but I have to stay here with the kids! Someone's gotta keep an eye on them!" He answers, trying to smile. "You're not wrong. I'll see you tonight Sunny." You say as you get up to leave. "See you then, Starlight." He replies, waving at you as you go. You get to the exit as soon as the shutters open, revealing ⏃ small group of parents and children waiting to be let in. "Sorry everyone, let me unlock the doors for you. Have an excellent day!" You say with ⏃ fake smile, pushing your way through the crowd. You manage to get to your car and put the keys in the ignition. You look back at the PizzaPlex before driving off. Once you get back home, you get into comfy clothes then you throw yourself onto your bed and under the covers. You try to sleep, but your mind is racing. All you can think about is Sundrop. You never thought you would be losing sleep because of ⏃ robot, but here you are. You decide to text your brother, since he works at the PizzaPlex during the day. He doesn't answer. He's probably just busy with the average Karen. You instead text your little sister, who stays in the Daycare while your brother works.

"Hey S/N! How are you?"
"Good, why aren't you sleeping? You need to work tonight!"
"I can't sleep is all, but anyway how is your time at the Daycare?"
"Mr. Sundrop is really nice, but I usually keep to myself."
"Why is that?"
"He's always with the other, littler kids, and I don't want to stress him out with another child to keep an eye on."
"Fair, but I don't think he would mind someone to talk to sometimes."
"Maybe not. I'm gonna check if he needs any help with the littles."
"Ight byeeee"
"What?"
"Nothing go help Sunny"

You turn your phone off and lay face down on your bed. You drift to sleep. Some hours later, you're waken up by your alarm, and ⏃ text message from your brother. S/N is staying tonight, and you have to watch over her. It won't be ⏃ problem. You get out of bed and slip into your normal work clothes. Usually you would be slow with this but you were so excited to see Sundrop that you actually got to work early, although only by ⏃ couple minutes. You use this opportunity to say bye to your brother as you enter the building, then slide into the Daycare.