THE ARCHER

❝     They see right through meThey see right through meCan you see right through me

They see right through me
Can you see right through me.     ❞

— THE ARCHER, TAYLOR SWIFT

     LET IT BE known that resident good girl and golden child Marina Diaz was just about fed up.

Now considering she was relatively popular, no one would look at the girl with an angelic smile and soft skin and think that she was anything but perfect. Admittedly, after her long and shaky past, moving out to Los Angeles and starting fresh should've been a good thing. Her brother was crowned the All Valley Karate champion, her mom was finding romance for the first time since her father walked out on his family, and Marina was finding her own place in the world. With the countless amount of popularity, friends, and admiration from her peers, Marina had it all. She should've been happy.

     But behind her bubblegum smile and golden girl haze was a broken masterpiece, tearing away at the seams. No matter how hard she tried to suppress those dark thoughts in her head — whether it was through the power of alcohol or digging a sharp blade into her delicate skin — she just couldn't get rid of it. She couldn't erase the insatiable darkness withering its way into her soul, feasting on her barely beating heart, and intertwining itself with all the parts that made her good and turning them into poison.

     Because even though Marina Diaz had everything, there was something she was still missing, and that was herself. Whilst everyone else around her had everything figured out, she would look into her future and see nothing but a dark abyss. An endless nothing. To put it quite simply, Marina lived in the shadow of her twin brother, Miguel Diaz. The girl was always forced to watch as he achieved eternal greatness. Day after day, she would witness her friends and family praise him for the most littlest things, allowing a burning anger to brew in her chest, leaving the young girl bitter.

     She was so angry at Miguel, resenting him for being happy, that she barely had any time anymore to pour her heart into her own passion — writing. Even when her brother ended up in the hospital after a violent fight at school, she was still jealous of him. Even when her brother was lying in a hospital bed, she still envied him. Pathetic, right? But she still loved Miguel. They were twins after all. That kind of bond was impossible to break. That was until one final fight between the Diaz twins broke that bond, and for good this time.