𝟬𝟭𝟲 forever winter if you go

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
forever winter if you go

( tw! contains mentions of suicide )

     THERE WAS a hole in Marina Diaz's chest that couldn't find the strength to heal

THERE WAS a hole in Marina Diaz's chest that couldn't find the strength to heal. Not yet at least.

     She would like to think it was from the loss of her father. Sure, he wasn't dead. But instead he was gone in a way that hurt much more than death itself. He was a disappointment. He was someone who made Marina know deep down that she had been lucky to live a life without him. He would've only brought her more pain and misery, and she already had her fair share of pain to handle right now. However, he wasn't the reason behind the dull ache that erupted in her chest ever since she came back home from Mexico.

It was much more than that. Someone who she never called family could never cause this much pain. But real family could. She knew that much for sure. She couldn't pinpoint the route of her pain. She had even exchanged text messages with her therapist in hopes that she would have an answer, who scheduled her in for a session days from now. In the meantime, Marina did everything in her power to piece together the puzzle of her inner pain, hoping to find an answer amongst those who she held most dear.

Little did the girl know, the answer seemed to be a lot closer than she had originally thought. It started on the drive home to Mexico when she was seated in the back of the car alongside her twin brother. Then whenever they engaged in conversation, or looked into each other's direction, that was when the pain would erupt in her ribcage all over again. Her own brother was the route of all her problems, even after they had already apologised to each other and mended the bridges they once burned between him.

And that was when it clicked. Although they had mended those bridges, and got past the several months of rivalry that ignited the second Marina chose to join Cobra Kai, they never truly got past all the pain and trauma they had both endured. The root of their trauma was the night Marina tried to take her own life. Even though it had effected her more than anyone else in her life, she couldn't erase the fact that her brother was the one who found her unconscious and bleeding out across her bedroom floor. She knew he was still reeling from the situation in the same way she was.