𝟬𝟬𝟲 into the lion's den

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.
into the lion's den

( tw! contains mentions of self harm & suicide )

     TODAY WAS A very important day for Marina Diaz

TODAY WAS A very important day for Marina Diaz. It was the day she had been waiting for ever since she made her deal with Tory Nichols — the day she would claim her rightful spot at the Cobra Kai karate dojo.

     With nerve-wracking anticipation pulsating sharply through her veins, and her breathing growing erratically with each step she took closer to the infamous karate dojo, it was safe to say Marina was absolutely terrified right now. When the girl reached the front doors, that was when she finally froze in place, almost like she was as stiff as a board. She was so scared that it almost felt like she was paralysed against the hard tarmac beneath her feet, endless fear coursing through her bloodstream at the speed of light. But it wasn't Cobra Kai, or Sensei Kreese, or even seeing Robby Keene's fade again that she was scared of.

In fact, it was quite the opposite. The Diaz girl wasn't afraid of much, but if there was one thing that shook her to the core and made her dread the idea, it was the fear of never being good enough. Failure was one thing that Marina simply could not afford. Ever since she was a little girl at the mere age of six, she just had to succeed, and when she didn't, well, she hated herself for it. Even when her loved ones reassured her it was fine, Marina believed the total opposite. She felt like a failure, and that fear of never being enough haunted the girl throughout her entire life and practically ruined anything good about her most treasured teenage years to the point where the idea of going into Cobra Kai now and possibly failing to secure a spot in the dojo left a bitter taste at the tip of her tongue.

Now Marina and Tory have been training together for the last two weeks since the night the Diaz girl opened up her heart to her. . . frenemy? Marina didn't know the exact term for whatever was going on between her and Tory. They weren't friends, and they weren't exactly enemies either. She was just a person who Marina happened to be scheming with to get back at the two boys who wronged her. She was her accomplice more than anything else. The girl she was going to fake date for the sake of some sweet revenge. So Marina didn't exactly know what her relationship with the Nichols girl was these days.