𝟬𝟬𝟱 you don't have to fight alone

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
you don't have to fight alone

( tw! contains mentions of suicide and self harm )

     TRUTH BE TOLD, Marina Diaz wasn't always the weak, little girl most people perceived her as

     TRUTH BE TOLD, Marina Diaz wasn't always the weak, little girl most people perceived her as. Believe it or not, but she used to be one of the strongest people in The Valley.

     Mentally, that is. The physical strength was always her brother's strong-suit from the moment he walked into his first karate lesson and became a known legend in The Valley. But the mental part was something Marina had mastered from an early age. She was headstrong, stubborn, and there was never a moment where she didn't allow herself to be a pushover for the sake of people who didn't care about her. If someone crossed her, she would bury them. If they said something that she didn't like, she would snap back with just as much bite and ferocity. If they hurt the people she loved most, she would get even. That was how it always used to be. That was how it was suppose to be.

But as the years went by, Marina began to feel that need and desire to fight back fade away, almost like it was slowly slipping through her fingertips. Her mental state began to deteriorate with each day that passed her bye in the wake of her sudden move to Los Angeles. She lost her confidence, her motivation, and even her strength to stand up against those who would wrong her. She allowed people, even the ones closest to her, to walk all over her. She carved into her body and tried to cut out what she believed was the most ugly parts of herself to make people like her more. She repeated this over and over again until she became nothing more than a jigsaw with thousands of broken puzzle pieces of the girl she used to be.

     Now Marina Diaz was nothing more than a ghost living in the shell of a broken girl.

     Even after her suicide attempt, Marina believed there was a chance of achieving greatness by joining Cobra Kai to turn what was left of her mental strength into physical strength. But it only proved what she already knew deep down: that she was pathetic, and weak, and broken. She didn't want to believe it at first, but when she heard the truth from Tory Nichols herself, well, it quickly became hard to deny what was right in front of her. And in the end Cobra Kai was nothing more than a waste of time because Marina would never be strong enough to fight, not for others, and definitely not for herself. At least that was what she believed. And it was clear that was what Tory believed too.