EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE.
i've been the archer, i've been
the prey

( tw! will contain mentions of suicide and self harm )

3 MONTHS LATER.

     MARINA DIAZ was a fighter. She knew that much for sure.

     Months ago she didn't believe she would make it to her eighteenth birthday. Her heart was always set on letting go and drifting away, watching as her last breath slipped past her lips and she disappeared into the afterlife. Every time she dug a sharp blade into her skin, cutting deep as some form of release, to bathe in the pool of peace and everlasting tranquility while she relished in the scorching pain that she felt like she deserved. She always thought everything bad in her life was her fault, like a child had some sort of responsibility for all the awful things that happened to them.

     When in reality Marina was exactly that — a child. Her father being a terrible person, a monster in the skin of the man, was never her fault. Her friend kissing her former boyfriend wasn't her fault. Her ex friend being terrible towards her wasn't her fault. Her former boyfriend kicking her brother over a railing during a fight wasn't her fault. None of it was ever her fault. She was just a kid trying to survive in a cruel and cutthroat world. And for a moment, after years of being beaten down until she was black and blue, Marina Diaz believed the world was going to win the never ending fight.

But then Marina Diaz found the will to fight again. With the help of her girlfriend, Tory Nichols, she was given the tools to build herself back up again after being knocked down one too many times. Marina's brother said it best; the strength was always inside her, she just needed help letting it grow until it eventually found a way to claw itself out and blossom into something chaotic. Something almost whimsical and beautiful all at once. Marina discovered her strength was her own and no one could take that away from her. Not even the likes of Cobra Kai ran by the ruthless Terry Silver. Nothing and no one could steal what was rightfully hers.