𝟬𝟭𝟴 the sensei and the queen cobra

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
the sensei and the queen cobra

     MARINA DIAZ didn't like seeing the people she cared about most going head to head constantly

MARINA DIAZ didn't like seeing the people she cared about most going head to head constantly. So, seeing her brother and her best friend still holding onto a year old rivalry, and an even bigger grudge after the fight at the school, well, it was safe to say Marina was sick of being forced to pick a side. She didn't want to turn her back on her brother after they had only just fixed their relationship. But she didn't want to abandon Robby either. He's her best friend, and after going around in an never ending circle of not knowing what they were, she didn't want to let him go.

     The girl had secretly hoped after coming home from Mexico that maybe there was a chance that Miguel and Robby could be friends somehow in some sort of way. They didn't have to be best friends, or even close, but being civil would've been a good start for her sanity at least. She hated the feeling of dread that would bubble in the pit of her stomach whenever she saw them glare at each other from afar, or when they got physical, knowing one of them were mere moments away from becoming violent with the other.

And if there was one thing Marina Diaz knew for sure, she didn't want to see a repeat of what happened at the school last year. It was the beginning of the end. It took away whatever innocence she still had left in her after moving to California. And after months of getting herself to a good place where she could blossom and flourish, she didn't want to witness another setback.

Marina just wished there was something she could do to convince Miguel and Robby to solve their problems and start fresh. But nothing she tried seemed to work. However, as if right on cue, she heard a loud string of bickering outside of her bedroom, causing for Marina to furrow her brows together before she followed the loud voices echoing down the hallway.

When she reached the kitchen, she saw Miguel turn his back on Johnny before he stormed off down the hall, passing Marina in the process, completely ignoring her presence altogether. Marina preferred it like that. She didn't want to engage in a conversation with Miguel if his rage was shooting through the roof right now. Marina then entered the open space, lifting her gaze to see Johnny standing by the front door of the apartment, a look filled with defeat burning in his bright eyes.