𝟬𝟬𝟵 somebody that i used to know

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
somebody that i used to know

( tw! may contain mentions of suicide and self harm )

     THE MIND OF a writer was often one many people found quite peculiar

THE MIND OF a writer was often one many people found quite peculiar. They wondered how people could pour their heart and soul into a string of sentences until it turned into paragraphs and endless chapters before creating the perfect ending all tied up in a nice little bow. They wondered how writers could craft characters and see them through their eyes, almost like each one was a little part of them, or how a couple of hundred pages could turn into a worldwide phenomenon overnight. It just never made sense in their eyes.

Many people believed that about Marina Diaz. When she was eleven and told her mom that she wanted to tell stories in the future, despite how supportive she was, Marina knew deep down her mother would have preferred for her to have chosen an easier career path. Her brother never really understood her career choice, and he continued to make his feelings pretty clear when he told Marina her dreams weren't worth chasing. Even her own friends told her it was a waste of time, and she was better off rethinking her choices and going after something different.

Others, however, did understand. People like Robby Keene, Marina's first love, always supported her dream. But when he broke her heart, she forgot what it was like to have that kind of support in her life. Then for a long period of time in her life, Marina started to believe the voices circling around her, each of them whispering in her ear that she should just give up. And she almost did. When she took that sharp blade to her wrist and dug so deep that she almost lost her own life, that was a sign she was fully giving up to the cursed whispers in the back of her mind.

But now she was back and ready to prove a point. Joining Cobra Kai was only the beginning. Pretending to date Tory Nichols of all people was a part of her plan she never anticipated. But it was perfect for the story she had in mind. Then that night following the argument between Iris, Tatum, and herself that ended with a knife in her back and with her two friends walking away from a year king of friendship, Marina went home, opened up her computer and began to draft out the first chapter of her book——