𝟬𝟮𝟯 a girl thrown to the wolves

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

a girl thrown to the wolves

     MARINA DIAZ felt like a sheep walking into a pack full of rabid wolves

     MARINA DIAZ felt like a sheep walking into a pack full of rabid wolves. That's how it felt knowing she was seconds away from walking through the doors of the Cobra Kai karate dojo.

     Marina didn't think she would ever step foot near the building, let alone go inside and beg for her former Sensei to take her back. She couldn't believe she was going to have to beg for her place back in a dojo that she would much rather see burn to the ground. However, returning to her former dojo with her former friends and girlfriend wasn't something she decided easily. She did it to find a way to save the ones she still cared about from Terry Silver's wrath, and figure out what he was planning so Miyagi-Do/Eagle Fang could get ahead of his plans before it was too late.

     This morning she was talking with her brother, Robby, and Johnny, going over what she would say when she walked back into Cobra Kai. She planned a cover story so no one would suspect her intentions and question her sudden return. Robby even volunteered to take her spot and go back, not wanting the girl to put herself at risk after everything she's been through. But Marina insisted that it had to be her. Besides after everything Cobra Kai did to Robby, she didn't want to send her friend back into the lion's den on her behalf.

     So after they had breakfast, Johnny dropped Marina off a few blocks away from the dojo before him, Miguel and Robby left to train and Miyagi-Do. She promised to keep them updated. Mostly so they knew she wasn't dead. But that was more for her mom's sanity since she wasn't exactly thrilled about her daughter going back to the dojo that tried to turn her into someone she wasn't. Now she just had to find the courage to walk back inside again after all this time.

There was an undeniable feeling of anxiety that flooded her chest, causing for her heart to hammer hard against her ribcage, shaky breaths leaving her quivering lips in the process. That was when the girl decided she couldn't linger outside for much longer. This caused for her to inhale sharply before she used what courage she had left to put one foot in front of the other, and she continued to walk until she found her way to where they all trained. And there was no denying that the new dojo had more than the previous one ever did.