𝟬𝟮𝟰 dying on the inside

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.
dying on the inside

     MARINA DIAZ has faced many trials and tribulations within her short life

     MARINA DIAZ has faced many trials and tribulations within her short life. But nothing compared to how she felt being on the inside of Cobra Kai as a spy, searching for any information that could help Miyagi-Do win the mini competition today. It was like a rush of adrenaline that coursed through the girl's body. Except it didn't make her feel exhilarated. Not even a little. And though she did already inform her friends who the male and female competitors representing Cobra Kai were, Marina felt as if she should be doing more. Especially after what she saw the illegal move Silver taught Kenny last night.

Marina couldn't stop thinking about it. She let Miguel know that Cobra Kai would most likely try and play dirty to get the victory they so clearly crave. Miguel passed the message onto Hawk and Sam, who would be representing their dojo, letting them know to be ready for anything that Cobra Kai could throw at them. However, Marina still didn't feel better, and she wouldn't until she found a way to speak to Kenny without outing herself as a spy, or pushing the young boy away anymore than she already did when she decided to leave Cobra Kai just before the summer started.

And even while Marina stood alongside her teammates at Cobra Kai, facing her brother and her friends who stood on the other side of the mat, the girl couldn't help but feel this inescapable void burrowing deep into her chest. It was filled with fears and anxieties that she had never felt before. Marina didn't know if it was because she was scared of what Kenny and Tory would do to her friends if they planned to play dirty. Or if standing beside Cobra Kai again after all this time just put her in an uncomfortable position. But if there was one thing Marina knew, it was that she couldn't wait for all of this to be over.

     From the corner of the girl's eye, she noticed one of the ambassadors stand up from where he was seated, his eyes flickering between the two rival dojos competing for a spot in the Sekai Taikai before he decided to finally speak. "Time to begin. Eli Moskowitz and Kenny Payne, please take the mat." The man instructed clearly.