𝟬𝟬𝟯 like a moth to a flame

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
like a moth to a flame

( tw! contains mentions of suicide and self harm )

     MARINA DIAZ couldn't stop thinking about it — Cobra Kai

Days had passed since Marina first walked past the infamous karate dojo, and it seemed to be taking over her entire life. It had become the centre of everything Marina did. When she was at home, she would open up her computer and research to great lengths, wanting to know every last detail of what she could possibly be getting herself into. And when she wasn't at home and found herself needing some alone time, well, her path always led her back to those foggy glass doors of the dojo, a lump lodged in the back of her throat whilst she contemplated with the idea of actually pushing open those doors and taking a step into the danger zone. But she never did. Instead she would just walk away and continue her day living in regret, wishing she had just bucked up the courage to go inside when she had the chance.

It was a familiar reoccurrence that Marina Diaz had grown accustomed too in the days that followed. The girl would leave the confinement of her home. She would then go out walking, and stop on the side of the street, looking up at the Cobra Kai karate dojo until she built up the courage to walk across the street and to the front door. But when she believed her courage was enough to conquer, she would run away, go home, and act as if it never happened in the first place. That is until she's reminded of it later on in the night, leaving Marina in a state of anger and frustration. She hated feeling so indecisive. So. . . weak.

The Diaz girl couldn't help but wonder why she continued to run away from something she really wanted. There were countless times when her brother would ask her why she didn't join Cobra Kai like he did when it first opened up. He would always tell her that they could've done it together and have at least one thing in common since moving to California. Marina would just decline his offer and never give it a second thought. But when she felt excluded from her own friend group, well, despite her everlasting hate for the violent sport, it didn't mean she didn't at least think about it once or twice before. Especially if it meant finally becoming a part of something and not having to be the odd one out anymore.