𝟬𝟭𝟱 there's nothing left for you here

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
there's nothing left for you here

     WHEN MARINA DIAZ opened her eyes the next morning, it took her a few long seconds to remember she wasn't in her room back in Los Angeles

     WHEN MARINA DIAZ opened her eyes the next morning, it took her a few long seconds to remember she wasn't in her room back in Los Angeles. And she was in fact still in Mexico with her brother, staying overnight in her father's house, the same man who didn't even know Marina was his daughter. After yesterday Marina was convinced it had to have been a dream, running away to Mexico and meeting her dad for the very first time, then proceeding to stay in his house while he didn't know her true identity. But when the girl opened her tired eyes, believing she would be back home, she was surprised to find yesterday wasn't a dream after all.

     First, Marina rolled over in the comfortable bed to grab her phone, disconnecting it from the charger plugged into the wall before she switched on the device to see the flood of missed calls and texts she had received overnight. Most of them were from her mother, the others were still floods of messages from her friends like Iris and Robby, and then there was Tory, just checking up on her and asking for updates. Marina had filled her in on all of the new details before she went to sleep last night. It brought a smile to the girl's lips when she thought about Tory and the amount of support she had been showing her these last couple of days. Especially since Marina needed it more than ever right now.

     The girl continued to smile while she sent a quick text to her girlfriend, then she clicked out of the chat quickly skimmed her way through all of her other messages, choosing to ignore most of them. However, ignorance only got Marina so far, because when she read a text from Robby stating that him and his dad were in Mexico looking for her and Miguel, well, it was more than enough to catch the girl's attention. This caused for Marina to suck in a sharp and harrowing breath before she dug into her contacts and tapped on Robby's number, pressing the device to her ear while she waited for the boy to answer, a feeling of foreboding weighing heavy in her chest.

     Then after a while the ringing went dead before a familiar voice flooded her eardrum. "Marina, I've been trying to get through to you for hours." Robby was the first to say something, relief laced in his voice. It sounded almost like he was worried for the girl.