x.

x. ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
They are all sat at a table.

"This is how Madam Mortlock summons those from the Land of Mists. Down in Mid Town. Come. We must all join hands.", Gwyneth says.

"I can't take part in this.", Dickens says. He gets up.

"Humbug? Come on, open mind.", The Doctor says.

"This is precisely the sort of cheap mummery I try to un-mask. Seances? Nothing but luminous tambourines and a squeeze box concealed between the knees. This girl knows nothing.", Dickens insists.

"Oi!", Juliet exclaims.

"Now, don't antagonize her. I love a happy medium.", The Doctor says.

"I can't believe you just said that.", Rose says.

The Doctor turns his attention back to Dickens, "Come on, we might need you." He sits down again.

"Now, Gwyneth. Reach out.", The Doctor orders.

"Speak to us. Are you there? Spirits?", Gwyneth asks.

Dickens rolls his eyes.

"Come. Speak to us that we may relieve your burden.", She continues.

She raises her eyes to the ceiling. A murmuring fills the room.

"Can you hear that?", Rose asks.

"Nothing can happen. This is sheer folly.", Dickens insists.

"Look at her.", Juliet says.

"I feel them. I feel them!", Gwyneth cries.

The gas creatures begin to fill the room.

"What're they saying?", Rose asks.

"They can't get through the rift. Gwyneth, it's not controlling you, you're controlling it. Now look deep. Allow them through.", Juliet says out of nowhere, again.

No one has the time to question it because Gwyneth shouts, "I can't!"

"Yes you can. Just believe it. I have faith in you, Gwyneth. Make the link.", Juliet says to her calmly.

Gwyneth looks almost pained. Then suddenly, she lowers her head and opens her eyes.

"Yes.", She says.

Three gaseous figures appear behind her - the Gelth. Dickens' mouth drops open. "Great God. Sprits from the other side!", Sneed exclaims.

"The other side of the universe.", Juliet and the Doctor say.

"Pity us. Pity the Gelth. There is so little time, help us."

"What do you want us to do?", The Doctor asks.

"The rift. Take the girl to the rift. Make the bridge.", The Gelth responds.

"What for?", The Doctor asks.

"We are so very few. The last of our kind. We face extinction.", The Gelth answers.