xᴠɪɪɪ.

xᴠɪɪɪ. ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴀ!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Adam puts his hand on a palm print on a vertical console.

"Give me access.", He demands before the console lights up,

"Give me-"

A mild electric shock.

"I can learn anything.", He mutters putting his hand back.

"Let's try computers. From the twenty first century to the present date, give me the history of the microprocessor."

Data scrolls down the monitor.

"Oh my God."
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"Look, they only give us twenty minutes maintenance. Can't you give it a rest?", Cathica says begrudgingly to The Doctor.

"But you've never been to another floor? Not even one floor down?", He asks.

The Doctor sits in the broadcast chair.

"I went to floor sixteen when I first arrived. That's medical. That's when I got my head done, and then I came straight here. Satellite Five, you work, eat and sleep on the same floor. That's it, that's all. You're not management, are you?", Cathica starts to question him.

"At last. She's clever."

"Yeah, well, whatever it is, don't involve me. I don't know anything."

"Don't you even ask?"

"Well, why would I?"

"You're a journalist. Why's all the crew human?", The Doctor presses further.

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"There's no aliens on board. Why?"

"I don't know. No real reason. They're not banned or anything.", She responds.

"Then where are they?", He prods even further.

"I suppose immigration's tightened up. It's had to, what with all the threats."

"What threats?"

"I don't know all of them. Usual stuff. And the price of space warp doubled so that kept the visitors away. Oh, and the government on Chavic Five's collapsed, so that lot stopped coming, you see. Just lots of little reasons, that's all.", She shrugs during the explanation.

"Adding up to one great big fact, and you didn't even notice."

"Doctor, I think if there was any kind of conspiracy, Satellite Five would have seen it. We see everything."

"I can see better. This society's the wrong shape, even the technology."

"It's cutting edge."

"It's backwards. There's a great big door in your head. You should've chucked this out years ago.", He is thinking aloud.

"So, what do you think's going on?", Rose finally pipes up.