xᴠɪɪ.

xᴠɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪʀᴇ
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
It is a stormy night. The sole proprietor of the shop on the corner of Mafeking Terrace is doing his books, while an impressive array of cathode ray television sets on shelves have a woman announcer on them, in black and white.

"Orchestrations were arranged by Sir Rodney Fenning, and Dame Eve English is a member of the Kings Lynn Players. So tune in again next week for more from the What's My Line team. And that brings us to the end of programming for today. So, from all of us here at Alexandra Palace, a very good night.", An announcer says over the Tv.

The National Anthem plays.

"Two hundred pounds overdrawn. I need a miracle.", Magpie mutters, pitifully.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The family are listening to the wireless. Mother is using a sewing machine by the window. Gran is in an easy chair eating a toasted crumpet, while the son of the household reads a magazine.

"He's a caution, that one! He does make me laugh.", The mother, Rita says.

The man of the house enters wearing suit and tie and a fair collection medals on his chest, although no more than any Tommy would have earned if he's actually seen combat.

"Our lord and master.", Gran cries although a tone of sarcasm is detectable.

"Rita, I'm off out."

"Dad.", Tommy calls for his father.

"Oh, how many times, son? We'll see."

"But everyone's getting a telly, dad. Even Mister Gallagher, and the Bells at number sixty seven."

"Well, perhaps we'll get one for the Coronation. If you're lucky. We'll see. Don't wait up.", With that, Eddie leaves.

"I heard they rot your brains. Rot them into soup, and your brain comes pouring out of your ears. That's what television does.", Gran tells Tommy who ignores her warning as most children do.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Eddie walks past the shop in the pouring rain, and lightning strikes Magpie's television aerial. It glows red. Inside, Magpie has fallen asleep over his books. Suddenly the little dot on the television turns back into the image of the lady announcer.

"Mister Magpie? Oh, Mister Magpie?", The woman calls out from the Tv.

"Eh?"

"Woo hoo! Can you hear me, Magpie?"

"Yes. I must be dreaming-", He mumbles before the television lady replies to him.

"Oh no, this isn't a dream."

"I'm going doolally, then."

"Not at all, sweetheart. Now, are you sitting comfortably? Good. Then we'll begin.", Energy lances out from the woman on the television to Magpie's head, and his face is sucked towards her as she laughs.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A pair of pink high heels and layers of tulle step out of the Tardis. Rose is in full 50's mod chick gear. Juliet steps out behind her, also in full 50's style clothing. Her outfit is more toned down than Rose's.