chapter thirty four

YOUR POV:

Previously on...

My heart was beating in my ears, saying the room numbers on the doors aloud until I got to room ten. Gripping the door handle, I pushed open the door and Dr. Deluca and Chloe stopped their conversation.

"What's going on?" I asked then turned towards Chloe, "Are you okay baby?"

Chloe glanced away from me, turning her head towards the wall and that broke my heart. Dr. Deluca stood and asked to see me outside. I followed her out of the room, not liking how clammy my hands were becoming.

"What's going on? Is Chloe okay?" I rushed out.

"Physically she's fine. Emotionally... no. I'm so sorry y/n. We lost the baby."

My heart stopped beating, ears started ringing loudly as if war sirens were going off. Every part of me felt numb and god was my mouth dry. We lost the baby. So many things I wanted to say, to yell, to scream. So many emotions I was cycling through.. Some more than others.

"I'm sure you have a lot you want to say. I'm gonna leave you and Chloe alone for a little while, talk or don't talk. I have other patients to see and when I am done, I'll come back and we can talk." The Italian woman spoke, her voice all muffled and distorted. The only reason I knew she was talking was because I watched her lips move. Her hand reached out and touched my arm gently and I seemed to focus.

Dr. Deluca left, her white coat swaying softly and I was left alone. Inhaling a shaky breath, I clenched and unclenched my fingers before turning and looking at myself in the window on the door to Chloe's room. I was nervous, the weight on my chest felt heavy.

Entering the room the redhead's body was still and I wondered if she was sleeping. Slowly creeping around, I let my body fall into a chair by her bedside. My head dropped down in my hands as the familiar burn creeped up in my throat and my eyes when you stopped yourself from crying. Naturally my eyes welled up with the tears I wasn't going to let fall.

"You look like shit." Chloe croaked and my head snapped.

"Chloe-"

"I honestly think a part of me hates you right now. And it sucks even more because I feel guilty for feeling that way." Chloe sniffled but held an evil glare in her eyes.

"I should have been here." I mumbled.

"You think?! When I realized what this might be, all I wanted was you. I called you over and over again hoping that you would pick up. You would tell me it's alright, that we'll get through this and that you were here. All I wanted was for you to wrap your arms around me." She spoke with such passion, letting the tears fall from her cheeks while her eyes shone a sense of vulnerability.

I stood to my feet, going to take a step towards the bed when my girlfriend shook her head, almost like she was slightly disgusted with me. The anger was so quick to come to her face, flushing her once pale cheeks red.

"Don't touch me. While you were off getting plastered and making cool new friends, meeting people who only wanna sink their hooks into your skin to tug, pull, and yank on later, I found out that our baby is gone! He or she is gone and there is nothing we can do! And you wanna know the worst part..."

Tears were steady falling down my eyes now as I listened to Chloe speak so heart wrenchingly, "Baby.."

"The worst part is I'm currently passing them along. I'm on my period now and it won't stop until.." The ginger couldn't do it anymore, couldn't keep all the tears back and let them flow even harder. My heart broke and I couldn't move. She didn't want me any closer.