9+9 = eighteen

—

"can i ask you a question?" jaemin sat up straight and started at renjun in the eyes.

renjun gulped nervously as he nodded.

jaemin flashed him a warm smile and continued. "how much do you hate me?"

renjun parted his lips and looked away, avoiding the eye contact. he didn't know what to answer. or more like, he didn't know what was the answer. how much does he hate jaemin? did he still hate jaemin?

"i- i don't..."

jaemin hummed with a question tone and renjun looked at him again.

"i don't know."

the younger chuckled and threw his head back. "it's okay. i just wanted know, so i can apologize to you in the same amount as how wrong i am to you."

"what?"

"i'm sorry." jaemin said calmly that caught renjun off-guard. "i know what i did and said to you before, are horrible. jaehyun's right, i was stupid. i didn't mean anything i said to you that day. i—"

he took a deep breath and continued.

"i had a crush on you back then and always got nervous every time you were around. i didn't want to make it obvious so i decided to fake on disliking you instead. i thought i'd move on after you left but as soon as i saw you again at our uni, my feelings started to come back and now... i finally get to tell you all of these."

"jaemin i— i'm sorry." renjun quickly turned away.

"it's okay. you have heeseung now. he's perfect just like how you described your ideal type. i just want you to reject me so i can move on, that's all."

"it's not that. i just— i need some time."

"did i make you uncomfortable?" jaemin asked, slightly worried.

"no, it's just... there are a lot to take in. i really need time."

"do you want to go back now?"

renjun nodded slowly and the younger got off the car trunk. the older grabbed his hand, making jaemin looked back at him and spoke. "can you put on the playlist that we listened to on the way here? i liked it."

( •︠ˍ•︡  )

"i miss markkkkkkk. he's been sick for three days now and he doesn't even let me visit him?" donghyuck whined next to jisung, on their way into the theater hall.

"worry about your lost wallet first." the younger replied with a cold tone.

"your emotion is as hard as a rock. your friend is dying and you're worried about someone else's wallet."

jisung stopped and looked at donghyuck the rolled his eyes. "mark is not dying. stop being so dramatic." he said as he pushed the older onto the stage to search for his wallet.