(5+8)2 = twenty six

—

renjun got off the car and sprinted to the theater hall with heeseung followed him from behind. they both got there and saw people walking out already, which means the show ended.

renjun breathed heavily and walked through the crowd inside the theater. he spotted jeno and chenle standing next to the stage so he immediately rushed there, shouting. "jen!"

jeno immediately turned to him and opened his eyes widely. "RENJUN." he screamed and ran to the older as well. "are you okay? where were you?" he asked while holding the his hand then he noticed heeseung. "wait, you were with heeseung?"

renjun nodded and jeno sighed, letting go of his hands. "i'm sorry. my phone died and i fell asleep, so i lost track of time."

chenle stepped forward to speak. "the neo are still backstage. jaemin asked about you multiple times, i think he's worried. you should go check on him."

after entering the backstage room all together, the neo members all turned to them. as soon as jaemin spotted renjun, he immediately stood up. the older's face suddenly turned into a shock, staring at jaemin. the hair, jaemin's hair was no longer black, it was orange. he looked so good in it. as jaemin was about to walk to renjun, he noticed a person behind him. the now orange haired, started shaking. his emotion instantly changed after seeing heeseung there. he was angrily upset if that makes sense, then decided to take a step back and turned around to walk away instead. he was acting normal while everyone else was looking at him, actually expecting something more.

"jaemin." renjun spoke up but there was no response. the room was so quiet and the guys were just standing there awkwardly.

donghyuck stepped forward a bit and broke the silence. "let's all go out and take a picture together for memories, shall we?" he said while clapping.

"yeahhh. let's go." jeno followed and the others started walking out one by one except heeseung,  renjun and jaemin. jisung was about to get out but he walked backwards and stopped right next to heeseung, throwing his arm around the older's shoulder. "you are going too." he smiled evilly and dragged heeseung outside with him, closing the door behind.

the place was still quiet until renjun took a few steps forward to where jaemin was sitting. the younger didn't even spare him a glance, he just sat there staring at himself in the mirror.

"i'm sorry."

jaemin stayed quiet for a few seconds before responding. "it's okay. i understand." he said it coldly, not even looking at renjun.

"jaemin." the older spoke again and jaemin stood up immediately.

"what? i said i understand."

his tone was scary, which made renjun jumped a bit. he had his eyebrows furrowed together, looking at the older in the eyes. renjun felt so guilty, looking at jaemin's expression. he felt so wrong. "you apologized and i accepted it, you can leave now." jaemin said that, about to turn around but renjun grabbed his wrist, pulling him back to face him.

"what do you want?" renjun asked madly. "i know you're mad. just tell me what you want and talk to me normally again."

"you can't give me what i want, renjun."

"why are you like this? at least let me explain."

"what do you have to explain? you were with him, right? i was looking forward to seeing you here for days. you know exactly how i feel about you. i'm trying my best to respect you and be your friend but you just can't do the same, so let's not do it anymore."

renjun's eyes started to get teary after hearing that. he held himself back to not cry and spoke. "can you not be like this?"

jaemin bit his lips, seeing renjun's eyes. he couldn't face it. he felt weak and he would give up if he stayed there any longer. he wanted to go away but renjun stopped him the second time. that was his last straw. he turned to face the older and pulled him closer before pressing their lips together in a blink. it was a long press before jaemin pulled away, saying. "this, is what i want."

the older froze in his place, not knowing what to do or say anymore. he could not process even one thing. jaemin started packing his bag and threw it on his shoulder but before he left, he turned to renjun one more time. "sorry. we can't be friends like this, so let's stop it here. it's best for both of us."

- 26 -