2(17) = thirty four

"people are looking. should we walk separately instead?" renjun whispered to jaemin who was holding his hand tightly in front of people in their school.

some walked pass by normally but some started staring at them and mouthing things. it made renjun feel so uncomfortable and nervous out of a sudden. the orange haired turned to him and gave him a soft smile while caressing the back of renjun's hand with his thumb.

"it's okay. i'll take you to your class to make sure you're fine."

"that's even worse." the older turned to jaemin and whispered aggressively.

jaemin just chuckled, not letting go off his hand and carefully lead him to the class.

on the way there, they still got the same reaction from people around them. some are unbothered about it and some are shocked, seeing them together. to be honest, it is reasonable to be surprised about it. i mean, the well known "bad boy" vibe guy and the popular study bug who's usually soft and friendly, being seen together hand in hand? i would secretly give the same reaction.

once they got to the front of the older's class, jaemin went in front of him and held both of his hands with a smiley face. "let's have lunch together and then we can do whatever you want to do after."

"i have class after lunch."renjun said with a pouting face.

"what about after class?"

"i want to study at the library."

the younger's face slowly transformed into an awkward smile. he tried to smile harder and nodded his head a lot of times before responding. "sounds great. i'll accompany you at the library."

"really?" the brown haired asked, sounded kind of sarcastic and the younger just continued nodding. renjun laughed and threw a teasing glare at jaemin.

"i know you don't wanna do that, nana. you can do something else while i study. we can still go home together though. what do you think?"

"nah i'm good. doing things i like without you is still not fun anyway. i'll just stay at the library with you then we'll go home together."

"are you sure?"

"a hundred percent sure."

that put a really big smile on renjun's face. he let go of the younger's hands and went behind his back then slightly pushed him. "alright, you should go to your class now. i'll wait for you at the cafeteria at lunch time."

"okay..." jaemin pouted and made renjun laughed. "take care and tell me if someone bothers you, got it?"

the older did not say a word and simply nodded his head with a smile as an agreement. he stood there and watched the younger walked away until he completely disappeared from his sight. once he turned around, about to go inside his classroom, renjun felt many pairs of eyes landing on him. strangely, he did not feel the nervousness or get the sign of any uncomfortable feelings like how he was a few minutes ago.

after the way jaemin reassured him and the way he treated him earlier, renjun somehow felt safe and suddenly became sort of unbothered about the other people who were still talking about them and by that, he counted it as a sign of improvement for him.

(≧∀≦)ゞ

as promised, jaemin followed renjun from behind, heading into the library after the older class ended. the older found a seat far away from everyone else and carefully sat down as jaemin looked around like a confused puppy. renjun secretly smiled, finding it adorable before putting on a straight face then spoke up.