Matchmakers explained

This chapter is dedicated to an amazing friend! I love you goldfish ;) 

Chapter 3: Matchmakers Explained

          Classes came and went, and I could barely remember what subjects I had been to earlier. All I knew was that Lance, Calvin and his friends had done what they could so that I didn’t get lost.

Something I had noticed during my few hours at Carelly high was that there weren’t a lot of couples. There was some hand holding here and there, and I had seen a quick kiss out of the corner in my eye, but I could feel that those couples weren’t in love. No wonder I had been assigned to this school. At my age, around seventeen, is the age where you’re supposed to experiment with love and take a first taste of it. Right now, the whole school was missing out on that feeling, and I was quite curious to know why.

Even without a matchmaker like me at their school, the students should be able to find love. I’m just here to ease the process. Which meant that there was probably a heart breaker in the school. The thought of one of them made me shiver. Before I could even think about the consequences of a heart breaker in school, a guy that Calvin had introduced me to called out to me,

“Will!! What are you doing there? Come and have lunch with us.”

I grinned at the guy, from whom I couldn’t remember his name, and I tried to clear the thoughts in my head. Everything will work out, I told myself as I made my way over to their table.

Lance moved over on the bench he was sitting on so he could make some space for me. I sat down and started rummaging through my bag for my money. When I had checked everything in and out I realized that I must have forgotten it at home.

Lance was eyeing me while I had been going through my bag, and when he noticed I couldn’t find what I was looking for he asked,

“Lost something?”

“No, I just forgot my lunch money at home.”

Lance grinned and said,

“Don’t worry ‘bout it! We’ll help you out. Okay guys, who brought extra food?” Lance asked around the table.

It was only now that I noticed that the table I was sitting at was filled with faces I hadn’t seen before. Probably around five girls, and eight boys including Lance, Calvin, and the guy whose name I can’t remember and me.

They were all eager to help, and in no time I had a three-course meal in front of me.

“Wow, thanks guys. Maybe I should forget my lunch money more often.” I said jokingly.

The whole table laughed and smiled at the joke and the conversation went on from that point.

While everyone was talking, I got to work. I tried sensing everybody’s feelings at the table. None of them had a girlfriend and boyfriend, and only one of them had a crush. A dark brown haired girl really seemed to be into Lances well defined muscles.

I tried to scan her personality so that I could feel if she would be good for him. She seemed nice, and very outgoing. I could sense that she was a bit selfish, but she wouldn’t hurt Lance while trying to get what she wants.

I then tried to sense Lance to see what he wanted in a girl. His feelings were less easy to read. Guys usually barely understand what they feel so it makes the work for us matchmakers even harder.

I did finally come up with a few bits and pieces of information here and there. He wanted a stable relationship although he wouldn’t admit it, and although he wasn’t interested in anyone in particular, he was looking. I also was able to find out that he had a thing for brunettes, which was perfect considering the fact that the girl had long brown hair and blue eyes.