You'll be the princess and I'll be the prince

Chapter 37: You'll be the princess and I'll be the prince

“Oh look, Kitty!” Dixon said with a smirk directed right at me. “We found Will.”

 ***

Lena's P.O.V 

It would have been an understatement to say that I was surprised to see Kitty and Dixon appear out of nowhere. Sure, I knew now that Cupid’s and heartbreakers existed, but still when I saw figures appearing out of thin air I still caught my breath, and wondered if I wasn’t dreaming.

Sadly, this wasn’t a nightmare, but reality.

Kitty and Dixon were both standing on the deck as they smiled at us smugly. I just wanted to get up and smack their faces silly, but I had to admit that I was scared they would turn me into a llama or something. Not that I would mind being a llama, but I don’t think Will would appreciate kissing a llama... if he survives the change.

Another matter that bothered me about the two showing up was that I had considered them as friends and although I had been stabbed in the back before by said friends (cough, cough, Nicole), it felt different to be betrayed by supernatural beings that were out to eradicate love from the planet. It kind of mixed up things from the usual.

Also, their presence here didn’t mean anything good.

“What do you want?” I asked after the general moment of shock passed me.

“Oh, just the guy that’s practically dying in your arms.” Dixon answered nonchalantly.

Well that wasn’t an option, I thought to myself. I made eye contact with Kim hoping that she would understand what I was trying to tell her. She blinked a couple of times in confused, but then comprehension dawned on her face. She nodded slowly, but quickly looked at Dixon and Kitty. I got the message. I had to distract them.

“What do you want with him?” I asked them as I stood up slowly, and placed myself in front of Will to shield him.

“I’m not sure yet. We can kill him for betraying us, or force him to join us again. We could bring him to our masters and they could torture him… The possibilities are endless.”

Through Dixon’s whole ‘we are the strongest and you’re all weak speech’ Kim had come closer to us. Neither Dixon nor Kitty were suspicious of anything. But then Kim made a fast movement and grabbed Will’s hand. She shot me one last worried look, and transported Will and herself out of harms way… at least momentarily. I, on the other hand, was stuck on a boat with two people that probably would like to see me dead, especially after having Will disappear in front of them.

I could see Dixon narrow his eyes, and debate whether they should follow Kim and Will. I silently prayed them to stay even though it was a death wish.

Kitty also looked lost at what to do for a moment, and looked at Dixon questioningly. After a while that seemed like an eternity to me, he shook his head slowly, and turned his attention back to me.

“Smart move.” He said, with what sounded to me like a hint of admiration. “You do know what this means for you though?”

“Ehm… you’re going to give me an award?” I said acting dumb.

A flash of annoyance passed through Dixon’s eyes, and I shut up. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to provoke him, but it was just so tempting to play with him. I might as well. They’re probably going to kill me anyways no matter what. Except if Kim somehow resurrects dinosaurs and transports them onto the boat, so that they could crush those heartbreakers, but I kind of doubted that would happen.