3. Shady Myths

It takes a moment for Choi Minho to lean on the desk, then stood up to scrutinize the two men standing in front of him. Suga, with his sharp gaze, does nothing to intimidate the officer. His crisp Louis Vuitton black tuxedo falls in the perfect curves, hugging him tightly, and his jet black hair finishes up the look of the most influential person in South Korea. He looks undeniably handsome, inexplicably powerful in the eyes of Taehyung. He remembered the days when they were back in the home, childhood at its peak, and Yoongi used to be a small skinny boy, always taking care of Taehyung. He smiles less, talks relevant, and works in private. Just like in the old times, Taehyung took his sweet time admiring Yoongi. The lawyer brushed the hair strand softly, showing his undercut, and kept the piercing gaze on his dark brown eyes.

"Now you know us. Then let me finish what I was saying. You've no right to do anything to my party since he's not the culprit here."

Suga said, dark eyes digging holes in the officer's body, Chanyeol too, has eyes on the officer. The tensed air became thick and unbearable to sustain. Taehyung wanted to cover his ears because for him everything felt overwhelming. Scared to inhale, he sat between them, hands cuffed and exhausted eyes holding back emotions behind the salty tears. He turned to look at the officer when Yoongi placed a file on the table with a loud thud, glaring at the officer. Taehyung couldn't bring himself to look at Chanyeol. The elder has sorrows written on his face as much as on his own face. They both missed Baekhyun. The dead male was both their safe place and reason for happiness. No one can replace Baekhyun and the hurt of losing his lover was easy to catch in Chanyeol's eyes.

Taehyung averted his gaze to the file on the desk.

"My client, Kim Taehyung, was at his shop when all of this happened. You can clearly see that in the CCTV footage of Taehyung's shop."

Suga placed his laptop on the table, and the screen showed Taehyung, wearing the same jacket in the snaps the officer showed. The said younger male gasped at the scene. He was selling someone a bouquet of daisies. A girl stood next to the man and bowed to him, showing him their gratitude. Taehyung grinned at them, returning to place the cash on his counter. The footage was clear enough to prove the point of the lawyer. And the caramel-haired boy thanked Yoongi twice in his head. His tired gaze met with officer Minho's puzzled ones. They made a mistake but the officer wasn't acknowledging that. His expression was way too baffled to comprehend, nevertheless, the lawyer continued with his words.

"...Which certainly proves that he's innocent of the crime you're accusing him of. Since Taehyung was in his shop, someone tried to trap my client by impersonating him. You should've reweighed the assumption you made before arresting my client, officer."

The lawyer tapped on the table, placing a file that Taehyung believed is the way to save him from the hell he was being trapped. He tore his gaze from the photos Minho showed him and the footage on Yoongi's laptop. The lawyer was right. Someone dressed up like Taehyung. The same jacket, scarf, and face mask, they're of the same height but maybe Taehyung is a bit skinnier than the person in the snapshots. Someone really tried to put him behind the bars, trap him in his own brother's murder. But why? And whom? Taehyung doesn't have any friends. Neither Baekhyun had any rivals, at least in his knowledge. Then why does someone plan something like this against them? He was sure whoever was behind it was intended to make him suffer, even after knowing every weakness of him. Taehyung felt tears pricking in his mint green eyes, legs shivered at the thought that someone was really noting his every movement. Or maybe, still penning down the way Taehyung taking every shaky breath while gripping on himself to survive that dingy room.

He found Minho examining videos and proofs that were submitted in front of him, with an irritated frown never leaving his face, his shoulders tensed and fingers fidgeting to show how much distress he was in at that moment. Taehyung waited for the officer to say anything but no words came out. The look on his face showcased that he was trying to digest the information, hardly connecting the dots he missed, and somewhere the disbelief of his misunderstanding was too shadowed by his frowned eyebrows. Yoongi and Chanyeol passed glances at the officer and then at Taehyung who had been holding on to a slight ray of hope. The officer chose to keep his mum, making the lawyer leave a frustrated sigh.