7. Night In The Rain

The chaos didn't stop there. Yes, indeed the mansion, the surroundings, the wind, and the evening was calmer than ever. But not Taehyung. Nothing inside of Taehyung was in its right place, the tranquility that was lost long ago hasn't even returned. He wished. At least to sleep tight under the warm blanket and wake up with no nightmares jeopardizing his consciousness. Only if life is easier like our wishes.

As soon as the room closed, and the sound of the lock resonated, reaching his eardrum like a plea of prey caged inside, Taehyung wanted to cover his ears, and eyes and run away. The realm around him started spinning at an intolerable pace, and all the caramel-haired male could do was walk behind Yoongi, holding his heart in place, breathing deep to control the wild rhythm of feelings. He curled his fingers into a ball and embraced himself while closing his eyes, telling himself the sweetest it's okay- a thing he does often when he feels everything is crumbling apart. Tracing the footsteps of Yoongi and others, he passed one last glance at the door. If he could, he would run away from that place in a snap, but he doesn't want to.

Only if it was explicable to Taehyung how all of those things made him feel. Only he could put it in words how much he wanted to disappear and also be reborn as the newly flourished Lilly. While ambling towards the main door of the mansion, he didn't forget to look at the door of Jooan's room. It was closed, and a board was placed on it saying- Trespassers will be prosecuted. It didn't take a lot of time for a small smile to adorn his lips at the scribbles, he wished that tiny happiness to stay with him, at least for a little more.

"Hyung... "

Taehyung called Yoongi once they were out of the mansion, and lingered on the lawn, not really having a plan. The evening sun had faded away, and the teal sky was turning into the hue of pitch darkness. Yoongi's glance landed on the caramel-haired male, then at the two playing away from them, in their world, giggling purely. Jooan and Bam.

Taehyung skipped a beat while walking towards Yoongi, his soft glances landing on the playful little ones who were trying hard to forget their sorrows. It was difficult. To survive in a place where you don't have a reason, all your efforts feel foolish.

Jooan and Taehyung were feeling the same. It was just between them, Jooan was a little brave even if Taehyung is the taller one. Still, he couldn't stop himself from the urge to embrace Jooan in his arms. Even though he knows, it wasn't Jooan, but he who needs that warm hug, who needs that avowal that this too shall pass. Taehyung heard nothing but the wind gushing around him.

"Tae...

I don't even know what to say. My head hurts from all of this."

Probably he would end up with a few shots of tequila once they get home. Yoongi's benign thoughts went way too far, he missed the way how Jooan and Taehyung were having deep eye contact, speaking volume in silence as if they share telepathy that no one can ever understand. Stunned by the scene, the lawyer scrutinized them both, his raised eyebrows were enough to show the bafflement when Jooan threw a ball far, which coincidentally landed just near Taehyung's feet. A smirk formed on the lawyer's beautiful pink lips, he glanced at Taehyung who picked up the ball, keeping the gaze intact.

In no time, they witnessed Bam running towards Taehyung, or Jooan letting go of the lash of Bamie. It was a sight to see when the chocolate brown orbs of the four-year-old burned like the sun, face glowing like a piece of the moon, her hair dancing along with the wind as she stood on the lawn, arms crossed and expression blank. Her eyes traveled from Bam to Taehyung. She gaped at them like a diva, basking in the dusk, the entire realm took the chance to admire her innocence. So did Taehyung and Yoongi.

The light bark of Bam was what brought them back to reality. The Doberman was looking at the ball in Taehyung's hand, barking and snuggling closer to his leg. As if it was an instinct, Taehyung didn't move away, instead, he knelt on the lawn to the level of Bam, and hesitantly patted the head of the dog. Taehyung was scared, sure he loves dogs and pets. But he hadn't any idea how Bam would react to it. Surprisingly, the dog leaned into his touch, taking the warmth of his hand, snuggling to his palm. The other hand of Taehyung went to encircle Bam, while his puzzled eyes landed on the girl away from him, looking at them in awe. The bonding between him and Bam astonished the people around him, and Taehyung was more than proud of himself, at the peak of happiness when Bam found comfort in him. After days, for the first time, Taehyung felt he was worthy enough to exist. Bam made him feel like that.