9. Starry Blossoms

Days passed like snow flower petals, winter sky was clearing out slowly to give space for the broad sunlight. The scent of newly bloomed wildflowers lingered in the air even from afar, the busy streets leading to the unknown destinations, the chilly breeze brushing off the silky caramel hair as he walked past the crowd.

His fluffy jacket was big on his figure, the Burberry scarf on his neck matched the striped shirt he was wearing, and he looked tiny in the middle of a vast revolving world. Everything around him was changing. Still, he searched for an honest smile in that crowd that would stay permanent.

It's been days. Taehyung couldn't see the flowers withering, the colors of the petals drying and the scent leaving him. He decided to restart everything, though the pain of all those missing pieces was there, and can never be replaced. But that doesn't mean he has to pause where life stopped him.

Taehyung has to go forward with or without anyone on his side. So he walked. Putting a charming smile to facade the sufferings, he walked, head straight, eyes sharp yet soft with a new dream in his heart. To survive and be happy.

As soon as he opened the shop, the flower scent enthralled him, giving a new life to his blue and grey. He oh so badly wanted to smell the buds, hold them in his delicate hands. Nevertheless, he was scared to hurt them, to hurt the petals.

The flowers and Taehyung- they both are naive, soft, and vulnerable in the tough realm. Once they go colorless, once they lose their purpose, they blend with the mud and end up at the root.

He took a sharp inhale, cleaned the counters, vases, and pots, and put the fresh flowers in them that he got from his farm. While taking a seat on the counter, picking some fresh lilies to make a bouquet, Taehyung switched on the speaker and played his favorite songs.

Mornings like that fill him with the happiness that he deserved all this time. Drawing a little smile on his lips, Taehyung sat with the beautiful flowers in his hands. He was busy with the bouquet when a customer came and asked for a bunch of white dahlias.

Taehyung glanced at the man smiling at him, a lady sitting in the car parked on the road. He smiled at both and walked to pick the beautiful dahlias for them. Pulling a card from the drawer, Taehyung asked the man in a suit.

"Should I write something?"

The man in the black suit smiled, nodding as he leaned forward to say something.

"Yes. To my lover and the best wife"

Taehyung couldn't help but blush at the words. It was always like this. Most of his customers tell the sweetest message to write on the card for their lovers. The words do justice to Taehyung's beautiful bouquets, though he always wished to have one for himself too.

A bouquet of Gladiolus to tell himself that he's doing well, he's strong and things will be fine. Too bad, things never went as Taehyung wished. Discarding his inner thoughts, Taehyung wrote the message in his beautiful handwriting for the lady. He then handed over the bouquet and grinned at the two when they waved at him while leaving.

Again, back to the process of collecting the petals and creating an art piece. Taehyung went back to work in silence.

Time passed by, the music went along with his lonely self, and the sun was setting in the pit of the ocean, inviting the cold night of the last week of January. Taehyung wasn't tired. There wasn't that much chaos for him today.