8. Shine & Smile

As soon as the chaotic wind left the woods, sunshine dissipated through the creaks of the clouds, and the truce finally put them all together, Yoongi and Taehyung decided to walk out of the mansion, leaving everything behind. It was a dangerous plan. The house, the stories, the people here, it all turned out more formidable than they expected. When the next morning happened, all the lawyer wanted was to exit from that maze. Dragging Taehyung along and rambling about some errands that left to finish soon, Yoongi led the way out to the mansion.

The dawn has already broken into pieces, spreading from the pit of the horizon, reaching through the woods to their footsteps. The Han River flowed in calm, a view they wanted to witness first in the very morning. With a blank expression, the two males walked out only to pause on the track when they found Jimin on the doorways, glaring at them. A curse left from Yoongi's lips, side glancing at Taehyung, he strolled faster.

"Oh, thank God. Finally, our home's gonna be free from Satan and his minion"

It was unprovoked but it did a good job in pushing the forbidden buttons in Yoongi. He stopped right in front of Jimin, though they were of the same height, it looked like Yoongi was towering over him by all means. The scoff left from the lawyer's mouth had Jimin's eyebrows up. The audacity- his frown said it all. Taehyung on the other hand slowed down his steps, his fingers curled around Yoongi's biceps, trying his best to stop the lawyer from uttering incoherent words. A light tap on his hand made a little relief to Taehyung's racing heart.

"The hell is all yours, Lucifer"

If Taehyung can, he would drag Yoongi from there but all he could do was stand in silence, mouth wide open and eyes traveling from the lawyer to Jimin's awestruck ones. Before Jimin could say anything for an inevitable comeback, another deep now familiar voice got the attention of the hallway.

"Are you leaving? Both of you?"

Yoongi couldn't understand why Namjoon sounded desperate. Maybe he doesn't know what Taehyung knows. Nevertheless, he passed a glance at Namjoon, brown orbs sharing no special feelings for the man or the place. Nodding softly, Yoongi opened the door to walk out, not even stopping to say goodbye to Namjoon. Even though he did want to, still the little instinct in him told him to not turn back.

"Taehyung...?"

Oh, the fascination for Taehyung. When Namjoon breathed out, the other lawyer had a smirk planted on his lips, already assuming that Taehyung paused on his track. But to his surprise, the said caramel-haired boy only continued walking with his small steps, copying Yoongi's movements. The lawyer froze on his way for an instant when Taehyung followed him silently. They know. There's a pair of eyes wanting them to turn and meet the abyss that silenced between them, but they weren't courageous enough to look at that little soul.

Without even whispering a bye to anyone, they walked out to the yard, to where their car parked. Yoongi had questions. Like always. This time, he was sure he wouldn't be able to find the answers because only Taehyung can solve them. And the Taehyung who walked next to him looked as if he was in another universe. The lawyer didn't want to disturb the equilibrium, so he kept his mum, telling himself that Taehyung didn't want to stay. He repeated that inside for a moment, then broke the silence with rather bitter words while sliding into the driver's seat.

"I f*cking hate this house. "

Soon, the depth of the forest and the chaos in calmness left them behind, the black Palisade pulled to the beauty of the skyscrapers and busy roads. Far away from Hannam Hill, at the outskirts of Hangang, their home was waiting for them.

~ 🍁 ~

Yeah. Taehyung had enough. To be honest, Taehyung had extreme misery that he could ever ask for a lifetime just by a night staying there. While curled into a ball on his favorite couch on the balcony, placing a cup of green tea on the table next to him, Taehyung decided to give his mind a little rest from everything that was haunting his peace.