20. Save Me

"Hyung--"

"Taehyung?"

"Earth to Kim Taehyung?!"

The elder male screamed from behind and Taehyung shuddered at the voice, panic written all over his face as he spun on his heel to face the lawyer. Yoongi on the other hand, stood flabbergasted with his eyes wide and hands holding something delicately. Taehyung blinked twice at the man.

"You're crying again. What's wrong with you?"

Yoongi enquired, settling himself on the bed and staring at the younger. Taehyung knew the other hated this behavior of his, but he couldn't help but go with the flow, heart feeling numb and eyes refusing to believe what his brain already registered.

"Jeongguk had my videos. He captured everything."

Taehyung voiced out, not feeling good about the reaction he would probably get from the man since he knew his lawyer friend absolutely hated Jeongguk. Yoongi only hummed softly as if it was not a big deal and stared at the camera Taehyung was holding.

"Jooan took me to Jeongguk's dance studio. His friend gave me this."

"So? You already know that Jeongguk had been crazily stalking you and you being the dumb one here, didn't even doubt his moves. Now what? Jeongguk had your life moments captured. Of course, he will. You were his beloved prince, Taehyung."

The sarcasm oozing from Yoongi's tone was a warning for him to stop being obsessed with every piece of information he gets on that household. Because he knew all this could happen. He knew what he was to Jeongguk, better late than ever and he also knew he could not do anything about it. But that's not something stopping him from pushing himself to the black hole named Jeon Jeongguk even though it was giving him only pain in the first place.

"Taehyung, I know what Jeongguk makes you feel. I know you believe that his words are from the heart, his vocals are the best of the best in Korea, his songs are medicine to your wounds and now his life moments are fascinating to you. I know what you feel about knowing Jeongguk."

Taehyung felt scared. He had never confronted all of this, though it was in his heart, he was never ready to admit it. But when Yoongi took his sweet time to explain all of it, Taehyung felt his breath getting caught and panic rising in his body. He didn't want to hear the rest of the story but Yoongi wasn't simply ready to stop at that chapter.

"You need to understand that whatever you're feeling towards Jeongguk is just... guilty. That's it.

You're guilty that you didn't see him when he was around, you didn't know that he loved you, you didn't get to talk to him and all this makes you feel guilty when in fact it's not your fault that you were far from him. It had to end like this because... Jeongguk was a coward."

No.

Stop.

Taehyung wanted to scream. He doesn't even know Jeongguk that much yet here he was, ready to fight with Yoongi because he knew Jeongguk was anything but not a coward. He could feel his instinct fighting with him for the feelings Jeongguk had.

"Hyung, no. I understand you're saying this for my good but... I feel like he had his--"

"Reasons? really, Tae?"

Yoongi's eyes darkened as he stood up from the bed and walked towards Taehyung. He held the younger's shoulder softly as if to break him out of his trance and Taehyung blinked at him dumbfounded.

"Taehyung, look where you are. Just look around. Everything here belongs to Jeongguk. You're here like someone who left with a curse. You need to realize what you've become. In this process, we both are stuck, Tae. We can't move because we're just not on the right path."