10. Blurred Reality

The barren landscape was what came to Taehyung's view when he rubbed his eyes once again, head resting on his counter table. The customer flow was a little less today since the working day has been a tiring one. Thursdays are moody. Taehyung tells himself as he stares at the street in front of him. There weren't a lot of vehicles too, and the noisy surroundings fell into a daze for him. Taehyung played some jazz songs on his speaker, humming to the tone, he stood up to water the flowers on the shelf behind him. 

A smooth voice brought him back to reality while he was watering hydrangeas. Taehyung turned at the man who had a smile for him while ordering a bunch of fresh pink and red carnations. Taehyung walked to pick the flowers, wrapped them in a bouquet, and placed it on the table, while his busy hands pulled out a card from the drawer. He asked without looking at the man. 

"What should I write, Sir?" 

After a minute of silence, a small voice replied. 

"I miss you, Appa

Taehyung paused in a blink. He can recognize this voice even in a noisy crowd. He can understand the emotion behind those words even if he isn't looking into the eyes. Taehyung heard footsteps getting closer, and a little figure of a girl barged into his peripheral vision. After all these days, it still feels like a dream. Even after he thought he moved on really well, how wrong he was by just the way his heart stumbled as his eyes landed on her. 

She was wearing a pink top with a unicorn on it, and a plain white skirt, her hair was braided beautifully, a small backpack on her shoulder and her face had the same expression as before- the blank one. At least it shows how she's familiar with him, it had a little brighter colors than the last time when he met her. She looked pretty as always. Like a diva, she paused on her track, eyes straight and the piercing glance landed on his soul. She was here, right in front of him, when Taehyung thought everything was closed between them forever, Jooan stood in front of him as if it was another dream. 

His first instinct was to hug her. Feel the warmth of her and hold her hands. But Taehyung could only stand up from his seat and look at her with wide eyes. Jooan was close to him, she wasn't smiling but her eyes scanned everywhere, landing from one flower pot to another. Taehyung wanted to give her his favorite flower. She does look like one. So soft and naive. 

Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts when he found Jooan standing alone, the guy who came first wasn't there. Panic took over him and he crouched down to her level, hesitated to touch her hands while leaning close to whisper. 

"Jooan... You're here..." 

"Hmmhmm..." 

She hummed while standing on her tiptoe, to look around the flowers more closely. Taehyung was at a loss for words. He didn't know what to say or ask but then Jooan's gazes landed on him. It was soft, filled with some emotions that Taehyung had never seen. The unknown sensation was brimming up in her beautiful chocolate brown orbs as she let Taehyung hold her arms gently. They stayed like that, Taehyung was thankful that Jooan didn't push him away. And the little girl wasn't even planning to. 

"How did you get--- wait, why are you here --- are you al---" 

"Sshh, Taehyung-ssi. I'm here to buy some flowers, of course. 

For my appa." 

Jooan could feel the reluctant touch of Taehyung on her as if she would run away as if she would get hurt as if she would hate him. She can feel the warmth but at the same time, Taehyung was cautious. He was very careful even with his words. Jooan lets her mind take a walk back to what her Appa told her before.