18. Moon Bloom

The ink is still intact, the brush stroke blended with the canvas, his sharp features glowing under the soft light of the room. His eyes couldn't be more delicate and his messy hair was crowned with leaves, not beautiful flowers. He looked the purest of all in that painting made by Jeongguk.

He looked like the most delicate one in Jeongguk's imagination and it made him wonder how the man ended up thinking that. He didn't know Taehyung or maybe Taehyung himself was unknown to the sides of him that Jungkook had portrayed.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Nae Sarang...

The moon of this night reminded me of you. So beautiful yet so lonely...

You're the moon with the phases from full to an eclipse. I wish I was the only one you want to see in the darkness. I wish only I could see your scars in light.

In the pitch darkness, in the clear sky, in the foggy evening, in the excruciating winter, I wish to be your sun.

I wish to be the only one my moon wants from the universe. Grant me my love, my beloved."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Taehyung smiled at the words. He always wanted to be reborn into something that no one could have, and here he was, listening to Jeongguk telling him he was the oh-so-fantasized moon that no one could have. Not even the sun.

Jeongguk might have known that too, knew that he couldn't have Taehyung in any universe. The ache in his heart doubled at the thought and Taehyung ran his fingers on the portrait in his lap.

He felt like the paint sticking to the tips of his fingers, hands trembling to reach out, to be held, or to hold on to something. Then he heard Jeongguk's voice after the pause.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Even if I wish, I can't have you. And maybe that's the kind of love I deserve. And that's why my heart wants you even more."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Taehyung let the teardrop fall from his eyes, not minding wiping it off since he felt it was so good. The hurt, the pain, he was used to it by now and it told him he was real, existing at that moment and not in any dream. Jeongguk's voice faded slowly only for a piece of soft music to fill in the air, and Taehyung closed his eyes in the realization of the sweetest melancholy he missed the most.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

~

Do you even see me?
Do you know who I am?
Or how do I look now?
You don't like me like that

Come and tell me so much, you beautiful heart
Oh I'm gonna listen to you
Please

All the numbers are too big
Can't get out of your game
Oh I want to paint it like you
Please

~

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•