13. Grey Ecstasy

"Taehyung? Tae, what are---

Kim fvcking Taehyung, what the hell are you planning?" 

Yoongi burst out, holding Taehyung in place, not letting the man move away from the hospital bed. He was fuming like the sun in a hot summer, scrutinizing the other men's every gesture. His glare only sharpened when he found Taehyung not even sparing a glance at his side. 

"Earth to Kim fvcking Taehyung. What the fvck is wrong with you? Are you serious about going to that hellhole?" 

"What else do you want me to do, hyung?" 

Finally, the younger spoke, pausing whatever he was doing, and glimpsed Yoongi. He knew the lawyer must not be in a good mood after his decision. It's all because Yoongi cares for him. But Taehyung decided to go with his plan for now. Maybe he was letting down Yoongi and his faith in him, maybe he was going against a lot of universal rights and wrongs. But he couldn't ponder over them. 

"I don't know... Just don't go..." 

Oh, Taehyung was packing his things next to the hospital bed, since the doctor said he can go home and take proper rest. He has been prescribed some medicines to take before his next checkup. Taehyung stared at the lawyer for a moment and then replied. 

"Hyung, I can't..." 

"No, you can say No. Just tell me what kind of wand Namjoon cast on you that you're ready to leave without even caring about your health? What did he offer?" 

Yoongi grabbed Taehyung's hand and made him sit on the bed while he stood in front of Taehyung. The younger looked up at the man towering over him, eyes filled with concern and Taehyung felt bad for him. 

"Just listen to me Tae..."

He was well aware that if anyone was going to be affected badly because of his decision, it was Yoongi. Now that Taehyung has no one to call him his own other than the elder lawyer, he didn't want to do anything that put his Yoongi hyung in trouble. And Taehyung believed his mere presence was dangerous to anyone he loves or loved. 

"Hyung..." 

"No Tae, don't fvcking try to convince me about the mistake you're going to make willingly. God, this is so..." 

Foolishness.

Taehyung completed it in his heart, sighing at his own decision. He had chosen this for himself. At least, he won't have to blame it on someone else even if it destroys him completely. That's a relief. It's all because of me. Taehyung whispered to his heart. 

"Hyung, I'm doing it for Jooan..." 

While taking Yoongi's hands in his cold ones, Taehyung replied, eliciting a scoff from the lawyer. He then released the hold to stand up and waited for the man to say something. But only silence was conveyed, too hard to express anything that was clouding his brain, Yoongi stepped away. 

Just when he thought Yoongi won't say anything and will leave him alone to figure out the abyss in front of him, the lawyer let out a small humorless chuckle, earning Taehyung's attention in a snap. 

"You're doing it for Jooan. Okay, alright. Then what the fvck about you? Who'll be there for you? Tell me Taehyung, who'll save you this time?"

"Hyung... We both are going through the same pain, and it will only do good if I help her come out of this mess and she will help me in averting my mind from all this. So..." 

Yoongi stood, staring at Taehyung, his face never faltering with the stoic expression, still opposing the idea of what Taehyung was trying to do. 

"Yeah yeah. As if your life is less messy to not sort out first and go help others. Wow, Saint Taehyung. You're amazing. You just made me---"