19. Hold You Tight

The sunny day was just starting and Taehyung already felt warm. He walked along with Jooan to the isolated building, staring around in confusion. The little girl didn't give him time to ask where they were going, instead, she led the way, humming to a song that Taehyung barely recognized. Maybe a poem, he thought.

She walked inside the building complex of a Gimbamp restaurant and Taehyung stopped in front of the gate. 

The place looked shady, an old building with posters stuck on its walls, premises not so hygienic but since Jooan walked in, Taehyung followed her dumbfounded.

He opened the door of the restaurant, expecting someone to greet them cheerfully, only to hear the chiming of the bell, the mellow music in the background, and nothing else. 

Taehyung scanned around, at least to find the little girl who made him enter the bizarre place. The restaurant was not quite like what he was expecting. There were only two tables and chairs in the corners, close to the window, and of course, no customers were there.

He stared at the posters on the wall right in front of him and let out a hefty sigh before turning to walk to the staff counter near the tables. 

No matter how hard he tried, Taehyung couldn't figure out what was with that infamous Gimpamp restaurant and where Jooan went, leaving him alone in that dusty place.

He was about to call out for her when he heard the noises coming behind the side doors which God knows led to where. 

"Sorry, we're not open"

A scream came from one side of the room and Taehyung turned to look at the man. The other wiped his hands on the apron he was wearing while scanning Taehyung. 

"Just come with me, will you?"

Then Taehyung heard Jooan saying behind the side door and revealed herself a moment later by holding someone's hand. The guy had a familiar face and quite an interesting smile. Taehyung looked back and forth at the new two males in the room, and then his gaze landed on Jooan.

"Baby, who are they---"

"--Tae, these are my friends."

"Friends? Umm, they look old--" Taehyung coughed softly, hiding his grin with his hand and brushing the hair that fell on his eyes. Jooan replicated his action, then pulled the man towards Taehyung. 

"Yup. But we're friends. Hoba, this is Tae. He lives with us, and this is---"

"--Hi, Taehyung. I guess we met before but probably you don't remember... I'm Jung Hoseok."

Oh, Taehyung does remember. Things began to fall into their places and Taehyung bit his lips in realization. He smiled at Hoseok, nodding and shaking hands with the man. The other guy from the corner came forward to them, a hesitant smile on his lips. 

"Oh, Hi, I'm Eunwoo"

"He's our chef"

Jooan taunted for which Eunwoo hit her head playfully. She mocked some faces and made the man laugh. All the time, Taehyung stood dumbfounded, while shifting his glance from one to the other corner of the room, scrutinizing every wall. 

"Ugh, the place is not that great..." Eunwoo said, scratching his head after noticing Taehyung.

"The food too. But, that's okay. We're not going to eat from here. Right, Tae?" 

Jooan said, holding his hand as if she understood his hesitance. Taehyung wanted to laugh it out but he controlled himself since it was considered wrong at that moment. But to his relief, Hoseok was the one who burst out in laughter, extending his hand to Jooan for a high-five. He ruffled the kid's hair and replied.