Chapter 9

Taehyung was getting ready to leave for Jungkook's place. He hadn't realized he was taking too much time and effort on picking out a cute outfit. Did he actually want to impress Jungkook? He hasn't been this nervous since SungMin; getting all dressed up to meet a guy...

"Calm down, it's not a date. He just wants to meet up." Taehyung tried to tell himself in the mirror. He applied small amounts of makeup to his face, mascara to his long lashes, a tinted lip balm to his lips, color correction for his sleepy eyes. After blowing a kiss towards his reflection, he grabs his phone and a bag to leave, then sends one last text to the idol, 'I'm on my way...'

____________

Taehyung walked towards the front doors of Jungkook's apartment building. A tall apartment tower that was closer to his own apartment complex than he originally thought. He's let in by the smiling doorman but is suddenly met with a familiar yelling coming from the front desk.

"I'm not some crazy person, I'll just leave..." Jimin fights with the security guard. "Get this guy to back off."

"Jimin, what are you doing here?"

"Oh thank god, Tae. Yoongi invited me over, with Jungkook's permission of course, because he was having company over and he thought I could come too..." Jimin looks over to the apartment receptionists, "But apparently I'm not allowed."

"Well I'm on my way to see Jungkook, just come with me," Taehyung whispers.

"Wait, you're the one seeing Jungkook... twist!" Jimin teases.

"Shut up" Taehyung shushes up his friend,  bringing himself to the front desk. "Um, hi I'm Kim Taehyung and this is actually my friend, we're here to see-" he was cut off by a male voice coming from behind himself and Jimin.

    "Hey Silvia, it's alright, just let them come up from now on." Jungkook assures the receptionist that the two are indeed friends with him and allowed to enter freely. She nods to the idol and the security guards still waiting to take Jimin away. "Sorry about that, I was on my way down to sort things out..."

Taehyung just smiles, and makes sure to keep Jimin away from the guard while they step to the elevator. Jimin looks out of the sliding doors to the security guard and flips him off while pointing to Jungkook who laughs a scoff.

"Okay, Stop it. Everything is fine now, you're with me." Taehyung orders, while taking Jimin's hands down.

"He was man-handling me, that asshole." Jimin growls, shooing Taehyung's arm off of him.

When the two visitors reach Jungkook's very large apartmentJimin stood in awe, keeping his eyes wide to what is surrounding him. "This is your place? Damn Tae, can we trade?" he jokes while spinning around, taking in how much space the idol's home had.

"Yeah, it's a bit much, but Yoongi stays over a lot and my agency said this place had the best security. Again sorry about that, you're okay right?." Jungkook questioned  Jimin.

"Oh yeah, it's fine." Jimin blindly says, while snooping his way around, heading down to a large couch in the living room.

"Hey, Jiminie," A low voice says coming around a corner, that low voice belonging to Yoongi. He pockets his phone and smiles at the guest.

"Hey, Yoongles" Jimin giggles back, jumping into his small arms and staying there for a while, basking in the warmth.

"Are you guys already... together?" Jungkook asks the pair.

"We've only just met each other." Yoongi says, but looks at Jimin with flirty eyes and intends to hold him tighter.

"Yeah..." Jimin copied, "I mean, who could just get into something so fast like that?" They look at each other for a while, heat building up between them that craves a release. So, they start making out.

"Well that's one way to answer." Jungkook jokingly whispers to Taehyung, guiding him to the living room couch. The couch was insanely comfortable, but when Taehyung just started to relax, noises started filling up the room coming from Yoongi and Jimin, who are both still making out.

"Can you take that elsewhere?" Jungkook eyes at the couple, motioning for them to leave himself and Taehyung alone.  The couple takes the hint and heads down the hallway to a room and closes the door. Finally the two are now together without distractions.

"So, aside from watching our best friends be disgusting with each other, what did you want me over here for?" Taehyung asks Jungkook to get straight to the point.

"I told you yesterday, I want us to get to know each other," Jungkook insists.

"Yeah, but why do you want to know me? I'm not special or anything." Taehyung quickly says, putting his guard up, and letting his head turn away. Jungkook carefully drags his chin back for their eyes to meet. He could stare into those chocolate eyes until the end of his life; and when he looks down, he completely loses himself in  Taehyung's pink lips. Smooth with the help of the lip balm applied earlier.

"Just because I don't know you doesn't mean I will let you think you aren't special. Don't say that about yourself." Jungkook confesses, "You're actually breathtaking to look at, and I bet your personality matches." Tae begins blushing, a now normal response whenever he is with Jungkook. He looks away in embarrassment, but Jungkook keeps realigning their sight. The tension between them couldn't even be cut with a knife, but no one talked for a while and they didn't need to. They remained admiring each other on the couch until-

"Yoongi-ah..." Jimin loudly moaned, filling the living room with awkwardness to  break the heavy eye contact. "Right there." the redhead continued.

Taehyung just face palms at the fact that his best friend is getting properly railed in the other room in Jungkook's apartment. How embarrassing!

"Do you maybe wanna go for a walk?" Jungkook is already standing to escape the uncomfortable situation in his apartment. "I know I said we'd talk inside, but I'm not listening to that.." He laughed. Taehyung nods quickly in agreement and steps up from the couch.

"Never invite Yoongi and Jimin here at the same time again," He jokes back to Jungkook.

"Yeah, I'll just move out now. They can keep the house." Jungkook returns this line making Taehyung laugh again. The youthful sounding giggle entered Jungkook's ears and it seemed like pure joy. He wants to be the only person hearing Taehyung laugh like this, the soft smile that completes his face. And when Taehyung hears it himself, he's reminded of a part that has been gone for a long time; a part he missed. The feeling of genuine happiness