Chapter 14

⚠︎ trigger warning: -signs of depression -unhealthy habits ⚠︎

On Monday morning Taehyung woke up, like he does, having school in mind. Usually it was with excitement for another day in the art studio, but currently Taehyung wasn't feeling well at all. No excitement, only jaded weariness. He couldn't get out of bed.
The day before was the same, having woken up from a horrible memory replaying over and over in his head. He wanted to stay in bed forever, sink into the endless comfort of his blankets, but he has class and needs to turn in his painting.

'shit...' He thinks remembering the unfinished painting in his kitchen, now forced to be done due to lack of time.

He unwillingly takes the warmth of his comforter away and slowly steps out of his bed, head buzzing while he walks his way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, he notices the heavy, dark circles under his eyes and his bleek skin, a grayish, pale looking color. He turns away from his reflection, and winces at the pain in his neck.

'Maybe I shouldn't have laid in bed all day..'

Slowly entering the shower, he could barely move his hand to turn on the water, and his stomach growled in hunger, making it hard to swallow.

This was similar to how he behaved after his break up. He thought he was finally getting out of this unhealthy phase, where he hangs on to everything SungMin said to him, but the man continues to keep is talon's gripped deep inside of him, making fall back into a dark and needy hole, escaping the even more bitter reality.

The water falls on his skin, the temperature only rising more and more, before Taehyung realizes he's getting burned by the hot liquid that hits him. He gets out, unintentionally leaving the shower running, and crawls back into his room to grab his phone off his nightstand.

He softly lets the phone drop down on the floor next to him, then is alerted when a new notification pops up, but this time his stomach immediately sinks

Taehyung curls into a ball and tears begin to run down his face. He can't escape /his/ grasp. SungMin will always watch over and control him.

———

Jimin texts back that he'd still come by for Taehyung, also, that he'd be a little late because he was already at the university. What he doesn't know is the exact state Taehyung is in.

When some time passes and Jimin reaches Taehyung's apartment, he knocks on the door three times, but there is no answer. He moves the handle slightly, luckily the door is unlocked, so he quickly opens it and hurries inside.

"Tae?!" He shouts worriedly. "Your front door was unlocked again, I told you you should lock it every time you come in..."

There was still no answer, but he heard the shower running. He sets his keys and backpack down then walks down the hallway only to find the blonde curled up, drenched in water, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Baby... Oh my god! Don't worry, I'm here." Jimin kneels down to comfort the broken mess laying in front of him. Taehyung gives into the calming touch and sits up slowly to hug Jimin tightly, crying into his shoulder.

"Can we go, everything is reminding me of him, in here," Taehyung begged, fighting off his tears. Jimin nods and mumbles an 'of course', before he gets up, turns off the shower, packs a quick bag of Taehyung's belongings; some clothes, his charger, phone, anything on hand. He knew the drill.

"Okay, can we put some clothes on now?" Jimin gently asks, helping Taehyung up and out of his towel. "Have you eaten yet?"

Taehyung shakes his head and lets Jimin help dress him.

"We'll eat when you get to my house okay..." Taehyung starts crying again, but maybe he never stopped. He nods over to Jimin, but he couldn't see anything anymore.

Back when Taehyung was in his relationship, SungMin and him lived together in the apartment. Although everything was replaced since the break-up, and he had made the apartment his own, the walls were still suffocated with rotten memories. SungMin's voice echoed through the house for the last couple of months, creating a head throbbing pain that filled Taehyung's mind. A burning sensation would pour over his body where SungMin once touched, leaving him limp.

"It's alright now, Tae. Come on." Jimin lifts Taehyung's arm around his shoulders for support, making him move his sore muscles forward and out of his room and out of the apartment. "I'm here, don't worry..."

______________________

    Jungkook was still taking a break from his schedule and work on Monday; and as soon as Tuesday came he felt even better. He had some plans to meet with Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jin at the restaurant, and he was thinking of telling the couple about Taehyung and how he feels about him, while Yoongi would mostly share that he has a new boyfriend... If he even would consider that he and Jimin are in fact dating and not just 'vibing'. In any case Jungkook's guest room's sheets would argue differently, they were definitely not just vibing.

He got out of bed, reaching for his phone wanting to text Taehyung another 'good morning' text like he did the day prior, but found it didn't charge the night earlier. He plugs it in, planning to text Taehyung after getting ready for the day and takes a quick shower to get dressed.

He hasn't gotten an answer back yet, but he wasn't going to put any worry on it yet.

"Good thing there is a VIP area at Jin's," Jungkook mumbled to himself, lacing up his black boots. He can't risk being spotted again by fans. With Taehyung it could've gotten a lot messier, but Taehyung seemed to keep up with the idea of Jungkook's personal life not being displayed in the public eye, and it seemed he also wasn't ready to be seen with a public figure as well.

When he heads to his front door, he pats down his body to see if he missed something. "Hmm, what am I forgetting?" Jungkook closes his eyes for a second making a list of his needs for the outing, "My phone, right." He skipped back to his bedroom taking his phone off the charger and unlocked it.

" He skipped back to his bedroom taking his phone off the charger and unlocked it