Chapter 17

It's midnight and Jungkook is sitting on his couch, swiping through his instagram feed. He has been trying to distract himself since the afternoon, but the app seemed uninteresting lately; and he can't help but  worry about Taehyung.

Looking at the time, it's late so he opens messages for the last time that day. After hitting send, he planned to end his night with a shower, then head to bed.

___

Taehyung stands by the counter, phone in hand, opening up all of the unread messages from Jungkook; feeling bad he couldn't have texted him sooner.

Jungkook wished him a good morning, and sent him a cute picture that made him smile. He said he missed him and made up excuses just to see if he could get a photo back.

All of this while Taehyung was too busy falling apart to text back.

Still in his heart-warmed state, Taehyung gets alerted that three more texts have been sent from Jungkook. He looks down and an even brighter smile appears.

 He looks down and an even brighter smile appears

Taehyung didn't know what to say. He didn't know what to think... Jungkook was just

'perfect'

    ____________

    ____________

    ———

Taehyung doesn't know how he ended up outside of Jungkook's apartment building. He was standing in Jimin's dorm one moment, then in another just decided to run.

Run all the way to Jungkook's at 1:00 am? Apparently.

He knew it was foolish, probably insane, but he craved the strong arms of the idol, surrounding him in a warm embrace, like they did when they first met.

He stood in front of the doors, thinking about his impulsive decision. Should he go inside or just leave, like any normal person would do? Just before making a proper decision, the doors to the lobby open from the inside, the doorman standing in front of Taehyung, gesturing to step forward.

"It's cold out, Why don't you come inside?" The man said, recognizing Taehyung from the week prior.

Taehyung nods and slowly walks into the lobby, standing still for a minute more, but continues towards the elevator and walks inside, so he didn't seem like he was an accident crazy person, who did just show up out of nowhere.

As soon as the doors close, he holds his face in his hands. 'What am I doing? I can't go see Jungkook.' When the elevator arrives on the floor of Jungkook's apartment, the doors open again. 'When did I click the button?  He thinks, turning his head to find his hand pressing on the floor level. He was still acting on impulse, but there was no way to stop him now, he was already speed walking down the hallway to the apartment door.

___

Jungkook was getting out of the shower, wrapping his towel around his waist when he noticed  a notification from Taehyung lighting up his phone screen. He faintly smiled, but seconds later he heard the faint knock at his front door.

Taehyung stands sideways, halfway with his back turned away from the door, and halfway to Jungkook. 'It isn't too late to run, is it?' It was...

He hears the door open behind him and turns his head.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook says, topless in a towel staring at the blonde, "What are you doing here? Wait, have you been crying?" Jungkook questions after another, closing the gap between the male in front of him who had puffy red eyes, cupping his cheeks ever so gently. Taehyung gulps loudly at the scene in front of him, causing Jungkook to look down at his exposed self.

"Um- I'm sorry to just come like this! I don't know what I was thinking... Now I look like a crazy stalker. I'll just go," Taehyung rushes, taking the hands from his face, and turning away from Jungkook,

"No, it's late. Come in, I'll go get dressed." Jungkook opens the door for Taehyung, who steps in and closes it. "I'll be back, one second."

Taehyung stands awkwardly by the door waiting for the younger to finish his wash-up routine. When he returns, Jungkook is wearing some dark blue shorts and pulling on a black t-shirt.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Jungkook finishes pushing his arm through his sleeve. "Jin mentioned that you were sick, and had a fever..."

"I'm not sick, but I wasn't feeling well today." Taehyung shyly says, not knowing if he should sit down.

"Why didn't you feel good? Are you okay?" Jungkook walks over to Taehyung. Without any warning, pushes up the sandy colored bangs feeling for Taehyung's forehead, while the other hand palms his cheek once more.

"Can we sit down?"

"Yeah, yeah. Of course." Jungkook sits down on the couch scooting closer to the older male reaching out to hold his hand. "What is it?" Taehyung can already feel himself becoming more and more guarded in Jungkook's presence. Afraid...

"Um..." Taehyung doesn't know how to start. He already cried enough tears for one day, but he knows if he opens up to Jungkook, more will be shed. Jungkook sits still, waiting patiently for Taehyung to get whatever he needs to off his chest

"Lately, I've been remembering some things about my last relationship. I used to be with this guy and he was super controlling." His voice was already beginning to break, but Jungkook held his hand tighter, letting him know he was going to listen quietly.

"My ex... he was possessive and hurtful and sometimes violent. I keep reliving how horrible he made me feel. And with all of that said he still even stalks my social media. So, when he saw my recent post, he texted me, asking who you are. I was worried something could happen to you, or that he'd do something." Taehyung starts crying more leaning into Jungkook's arms.

"Hey, hey, nothing will happen to you or me... It's okay." Jungkook pulls Taehyung onto his lap, deepening the hug. "I'm right here."

"And Jimin didn't let me go on my phone, so I thought maybe you were mad at me because I didn't text you, because- I don't know... He would do that."

"I wouldn't get mad. Sure, I was worried, but you shouldn't have to get worked up about that stuff with me. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Jungkook assures Taehyung, who has climbed on top of him, wrapped his legs around him like a kid.

"I know you're nothing like him, i just..." He whispers to Jungkook, but can't seem to find a justifiable way to even compare them, because SungMin and Jungkook really were complete opposites.

"You should get some sleep. You can take my bed, I'll sleep out here." Jungkook starts leading Taehyung into his bedroom and gently lays him down on the soft mattress. He begins to walk away, but Taehyung grabs his wrist.

"I don't wanna be alone. I usually sleep or cuddle with Jimin." Taehyung says, acting all cute with the pout on his face, Jungkook can't help the smile plastered on his face. "Can you stay?"

Jungkook doesn't say anything, instead presses a kiss on the tip of Taehyung's nose and lays down next to him, wrapping his arms around the blonde's waist.

Taehyung turns his body to be face-to-face with Jungkook, eyes opening slowly to look at the man next to him. He leans closer towards him, kisses his nose back, then his lips, before cuddling into his chest, letting them both drift off into a peaceful sleep.