Chapter 13

⚠︎ trigger warning: -manipulation & gaslighting -blaming -breakups ⚠︎

Tae's Dream/Flashback*

————
"Tae, Stop it, come here." SungMin grabbed his wrist and dragged Taehyung into an empty room, away from the party.

"I was just dancing. You need to back off." Taehyung says, annoyed by his boyfriend's possessiveness. He takes his wrist out of SungMin's grasp and starts to walk back into the party.

"We're going back home." SungMin orders back to the sassy male exiting the room. "You always flirt with everyone when we're out."

"Me?" Taehyung walks back into the room, astonished, and not in a good way... "You're saying I'm flirting?! I can barely go out anymore. I had to beg you to come to this party; and It's Hoseok's birthday for god's sake." He takes a deep breath to cool himself down, but the fights were piling up as is. "And the only person I was dancing with was Jimin."

"You're always using Jimin as an excuse, You know he's a bad influence on you... Always sleeping around and drinking too much." SungMin mouths off, criticizing the only person Taehyung has really felt loved by, in the whole world. "Why do you always stick up for him, he's bad for you."

"You're crazy. You are actually insane... Why the fuck are you talking about MY BEST FRIEND and calling him what—a whore?"

"You said it, not me..."

Taehyung scoffs in disbelief.

"Shut the fuck up Sung, you have always been jealous of him. He's my best friend. What don't you get?" He is getting more angry, while SungMin shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "See this is what you do. You tried to tear me apart from all of my other friends, now Jimin?"

"Like you two never messed around." SungMin accused. "Knowing him..."

"I can't- I'm done with this, I'm leaving." Taehyung threw his hands up, now too furious for his own good. He grabs his coat and leaves the room, heading over to Jimin and Hoseok to whisper that he's sorry he has to go so early. Leaving SungMin to try and follow him out the front door,

"Hey asshole, what did you say to him?" Jimin holds SungMin's arm before he can go after Taehyung.

"Nothing Slut," he whispers, too quiet for Jimin to hear, but Jimin could guess. "He's just being moody." SungMin lies, his volume now loud enough for Tae's best friend.

Jimin already knows that SungMin is the most toxic boyfriend as one could be, always has; pretty sure he saw the red flags before anyone and has begged Taehyung to dump him about 10 times per week.

"I gotta go get him before he gets himself hurt. He's drunk" SungMin lies again, so easily. He proceeds to the door and out of the house to find his boyfriend and discovers him walking down the street making his way home.

"Tae. Don't leave." SungMin begs. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize now, it means nothing." Taehyung replies, walking straight on, slightly picking up his pace. SungMin runs forward a little in front of his boyfriend, stopping him from moving anymore.

"C'mon I didn't mean it, you know that. I was just mad." SungMin excuses, wrapping his hands around Taehyung's.

"No, this is the last time..." Taehyung stands up for himself pushing SungMin off. "If I can't go to a party for my friend, dance with my soulmate for one night... "

"Aish, here we go again with this soulmate bullshit."  SungMin says, getting more irritated than before. "He's a short, annoying bitch. Stop being friends with him."

"You can't control who I'm friends with, Sung. You know, Jimin was right. I was gonna give you a chance but-"

"But? But what, Are you gonna break up with me? As if you could." SungMin rudely interrupts.

"Yes," Taehyung quickly answers. "Maybe I will."

"No, baby, this is just a fight, we'll get past this."  SungMin instantaneously changes his attitude, grabbing at Taehyung again. "I really am sorry, it's just you're so beautiful, everyone wants you, I can't help getting jealous."

"A little jealousy is okay, but I can't even go to parties or hang out with my friends. Do you know the last time I actually saw Hoseok before now? 'Last time I saw Jin?" Taehyung says a little softer. He lightly separates from his boyfriend and starts talking again, "Are you going to try and get along with Jimin? He's my favorite person in the world."

"I'll think about it." SungMin whispers, leaning in to kiss Taehyung, thinking the fight is over. Taehyung also leans in for a moment wanting the fight to end, but stops to fully process SungMin's answer.

" 'Think about it?' Are you kidding me?" He pushes SungMin off for a final time now. "There is nothing to think about, it's yes or no."

"Tae, c'mon he's totally into you, and he hates me completely."

"Yeah, because you're an asshole. But still, he doesn't like me like that. You just see everyone as a threat, even Hoseok and he's straight!."

"But Jimin isn't threatening? You guys are always flirting."

"As friends! We just call each other pretty to build each other's confidence." Taehyung feels silly having to say it out loud, but honestly he hasn't really felt that attractive recently. "Why can't you just trust me? We don't like each other like that, so nothing can happen."

He's tired, time and time again they have these possessive arguments and he's getting a migraine. He just wants to go home and sleep, whether SungMin comes with or not.

"Tae, I'm going to say this once, and only once." SungMin enunciates slowly, "Him or me?"

"WHAT?!" He can barely wrap his head around the sentence, "What are you saying? Don't do this."

"Him or me, pick"

"Jimin.'' Taehyung said with no hesitation, looking directly at SungMin. "I pick Jimin."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" SungMin questions for a moment. "You're serious? Wow Tae. I knew you would. Yeah, have fun being a little bitch that fucks his best friend because your just that insecure." He huffs, before walking away from Taehyung leaving him alone in the middle of the street.

The brunette kneels down on the sidewalk, starting to sob until he has the courage to call Jimin to come meet with him