Chapter 4

We look at each other in the eyes for a few seconds. "Everyone! It's time for Antonio Madrigal to receive his gift!" Abuela says at the top of the stairs. Everyone gathers around the pathway to watch Antonio.
"See you in a little bit?" Camilo asks with a smile.
"See you in a little bit," I say giving him a smile back. He runs up the stairs to join the rest of his family at the top. I see Antonio and he looks scared. He looks to something behind the curtain and holds out his hand. He says something to them and soon, Mirabel appears out on the pathway with him. I can feel a faint smile on my face appear. They start walking and when they reach the top of the stairs, Abuela asks Antonio a few questions. He then puts his hands on the candle then places his hand on the door nob. An animal comes flying and lands on his arm. It's like he's talking to it. A ton of other different animals come running from the entrance of the house. They open the door and reveal a beautiful big room. Everyone goes inside and they start to dance and party. I go into the room and see Camilo waiting. "Hey," I say with a smirk.
"Hey," he says back.
"So this is what a gift ceremony is," I say with interest.
"Yup," he says. "You wanna go somewhere?" He asks.
"Sure. As long as you don't kill me," I say smiling.
"Why would I do that to someone as special as you?" He says holding out a hand. I take it and he guides me through the crowd until we get out of the room. He brings me up to a balcony. He lets go of my hand and stands near the railing. I join him and let out a sigh.
"It's beautiful," I say looking at the view.
"Yea. This is one of my favorite places in Casita," He says. I start to get dizzy and I stumble a little bit. "Are you ok?"
"No. I feel really weak, like my whole body is going to colapse," I say with little breath. He holds me up and we start going back inside. Everyone is gathered around.
"What's going on?" Camilo asks someone.
"Mirabel says that there were cracks all over the walls and the floor," the person says.
"Come on. Let's get you out of here," Camilo says. He brings me to his room and sets me down on his bed.
"Wow. Your room is very you. It definitely wasn't designed to fit your personality or anything," I say.
"Your weak and you still manage to make jokes? You're unbelievable," he says. "I'm going to go get my mom and Aunt Julieta. She can help you," he says worriedly.
"No Camilo. I'm fine," I say confused.
"No you aren't," he says.
"No. I don't feel weak anymore," I say sitting up. He stares at me and I stare back.
"So you're ok? You're not hurt or anything?"
"I think so,"
"Phew. Ok that's good,"
"What time is it?" I ask. He looks at a clock.
"About 9:48. Why?" He asks.
"I was supposed to be back by 9:30. I gotta go,"
"I'll walk you," he says.
"You don't need to. You've already done a ton,"
"I insist," he says. We start walking out of Casita and to my house. When we get there we face each other. "I've only known you for a day but it feels like I've known you for years," he says looking me in the eye.
"Same. Have a nice night. And tell Mirabel I said bye," I say.
"Of course," He says. He hugs me and gives me a light kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight y/n,"
"Goodnight," I say as my cheeks flush red and I start walking inside.

A/N: ok y'all I'm so sorry I don't think I can do chapter 5 tonight because I have been so busy today. I'm also going to be busy tomorrow and a little bit the next day since it will be New Year's Eve and Near years but I think I might be able to come out with some short chapters.