Chapter 12

Camilo's POV
"Do you like Y/n?" Delores asked me.
"I don't know." I say before sipping my drink.
"How do you feel about her?" Delores asks.
"She makes me happy and I get excited when we hang out," I say. A red flush comes over my face.
"Oh my god. You like Y/n," She says with a smile.
"I think so," I say. She makes a face like she's listening. "What?" I ask.
"Y/n and Mom are talking," she says.
"About what?" I ask nervously. I put the drink down
"You,"
"What are they saying?"
"Mom's saying stuff about she makes you happy and that y'all should keep hanging out a lot. Y/n said you make her happy too," Delores says with a smile.
"Seriously? I told mom not to tell anyone," I say picking the drink back up and taking a sip.
"Don't tell mom I told you,"
"I won't. But what do I do with Y/n?"
"Ask her out on a date," Delores says.
"We already went on one today. That's why we are matching,"
"And you didn't tell me?" She asks absolutely shocked.
"You didn't ask," I say. Delores rolls her eyes.
"Give it a couple of days and try something. You could shapeshifter into Mirabel and ask her how she feels about you," Delores says.
"That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?"
"You usually don't," she says. "Let's go. Remember, I told you nothing," Delores says.
"Ok," I say rolling my eyes. We go back downstairs and we see Mirabel a Luisa talking to Y/n.
Y/n's POV
"Hey," Camilo says to us.
"Hey," I say as Mirabel and Luisa wave.
"What are y'all talking about?" Delores asks.
"Oh we were trying to make some plans for tomorrow. Wanna come?" Mirabel's asks Camilo and Delores.
"Yea sure," Camilo says before he takes a sip of his drink. Delores nods.
"Good! Do y'all have any ideas for stuff to do?" Luisa asks.
"We could go see a movie," Delores says quickly as she elbows Camilo. He chokes on his drink.
"Yea that seems like a good idea," Camilo says.
"What is that?" I ask pointing to the drink.
"Strawberry lemonade," he says. "Want a sip?" He asks.
"Sure," I say. He hands me the drink and I take a sip. "That's good,"
"Yea. We have some more if you want some,"
"Yea I'll have some," I say.
"Ok," Camilo says. He takes my hand and brings me to the kitchen. He opens the fridge and gets a glass. He pours some for me and puts the pitcher away. "Do you want a straw,"
"Yep," I say. He puts a straw in my drink and hands it to me.
"Here you go," he says.
"Thank you," I say. I take a few sips of the drink. "You wanna go back with the others?" He asks.
"Nah. Come with me," I say leading him out of the house and into the woods. We come across a waterfall. "Wow I didn't expect it to be that pretty ," I say staring at it.
"Like you?" He says looking at me.
"Oh stop," I say.
"All this time I've lived here I've never noticed this,"
"Yea. One of the neighbors mentions it when they were helping my family unpack. I'm glad I came to check it out," I sit down on a dry part of the rock. He sits down next to me.
"And I'm glad you took me with,"
"Me too," I say looking him in the eye. We look back at the waterfall and I lean my head on his shoulder. "You know when I first came to the town I didn't expect to make any friends on my first day. But then you, Mirabel, and Luisa came along. Mirabel is so kind and funny. Luisa is helpful and she has a warm heart. And you are special because you make me feel special. You make my day every time we talk Camilo," I say to him. Oh my god I cannot believe I just said that.